The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Don't be so naive. Remind me as an example how long did benteke have on his contract before going on strike to force a deal to sign for us.

Yeah but we were terrible and that was following a horrendous season so I don't blame him too much for wanting out.

If he does reject their advances and he stays, I can't see him ever leaving tbh. I really can't. City won't come back in for him I don't think and any release clause will likely be more than any club can realistically afford.

We need to get this over the line. Come on Villa. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jbvilla909 said:

I'm confident NSWE will tell Shake Mansaw to go drill a hole. Jack won't force a move, he'll sign a bumper deal, we'll sign Bailey, Alvarez and whoever else we want and stroll into the champions league

That's the spirit, it aint happened till its happened i say!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, birdman said:

Yeah I just don't think Jack would do that to Villa. Why would he U turn on his belief in a project after such a short time? I'm not saying it's not possible but doesnt add up for me and he doesn't seem that kind of guy so will simply trust that Jack will lead us to even more success this season!

I may well have my head in the sand whilst wearing rose tinted glasses but it's what I'm going with. If I'm wrong then will definitely feel a little aggrieved despite the decent money we'll no doubt get (although probably not enough in my book!) 

As was the case with Delph, a player signing a new contract just before leaving is all about helping your current club out by ensuring they get the maximum price for the move. It is not necessarily about pledging allegiance to anybody and shouldn't be used as a reason to shoot him down !

Edited by Paul33
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

That's the spirit, it aint happened till its happened i say!

That's it mate, everyone losing their minds over pure speculation. Last summer it was united, three seasons before that it was Spurs (NSWE stopped that) next summer it'll be Real Madrid 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If he does reject their advances and he stays, I can't see him ever leaving tbh. I really can't. City won't come back in for him I don't think and any release clause will likely be more than any club can realistically afford.

We need to get this over the line. Come on Villa. 

Yup. This is a real test of our owners' resolve and ambition.

42 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

He's not a snake.

We'd be stuck in the championship without him.

No reason why this can't be good for both. He gets to play at an elite level, instant success, and with the right investment, we can build a better team

Big TRUE.

Even with Grealish gone we are still in an unbelievable position.

• Like 1

Just now, Jbvilla909 said:

That's it mate, everyone losing their minds over pure speculation. Last summer it was united, three seasons before that it was Spurs (NSWE stopped that) next summer it'll be Real Madrid 

Exactly. It’s all noise. 

• Like 1

Too much smoke regarding the speculation now unfortunately. Hard to know what Grealish thinks but if his desire is to win trophies and win them soon then sadly Man City will be the best choice. If he does go it will be interesting how the ownership handles this.

1 minute ago, Paul33 said:

As was the case with Delph, a player signing a new contract just before leaving is all about helping your current club out by ensuring they get the maximum price for his move. It is not necessarily about pledging allegiance to anybody. 

Delph not a Villa fan

Jack a Villa fan

Thats a huge difference for this context in faking allegiance, Villa fan can’t do this.

Just now, maqroll said:

He wouldn't not play for Villa. 

Jack didn’t like it when we subbed him off for a rest ten minutes from time, he is hardly likely to refuse to play.

4years left, World Cup coming up, we are in total control of this. Apparently no buy out clause, He is worth what we demand he is worth. If we aren’t demanding £120m+ (Even that is too light!) Only then I will question NSWE.

• Like 2

Just now, Pissflaps said:

And you are 100% certain of this based on?

His ancestral connection to the club, his professed and proven dedication to the club, and the ambition of the club. 

It's a hunch rooted in evidence. 

1 minute ago, Strog said:

Too much smoke regarding the speculation now unfortunately

99% of it is just guesses or quoting each other.  Most aren’t even consistent with each other.  Quantity doesn’t mean quality.

I got a sneaky feeling he has a release clause and it's less than  £100m around £85m -£90m it might be specific to Champions League clubs. If that's the case then that'll be the first bit of weakness on the part of NSWE. 

That can't be allowed to happen again.

It's just a hunch.

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'm a little worried. A lot of noise is starting to be made. 

I think we all knew City would be in for him. Don't think anything's changed on that front. And to borrow a phrase from Sam Lee, whether it will happen is an entirely different matter.

Â