The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

17 minutes ago, supermon said:

Shame he doesn't finish those solo runs, that would excel him to another level as he becomes renowned for famous goals like Maradona and Messi

i have thought that, currently they are "wow nice run", but if he actually scored one or two of those he would be seen on a whole other level.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I like how every other little upcoming playmaker around the world has got the Jack Grealish rolled down socks and baby shin pads now. Caught another one playing for *checks notes* Wolfsburger AC in the Europa League.

Reminds me of when players were tucking in their jerseys on one side in the NHL in the 90's to emulate Gretzky or how baggy shorts came into vogue in the NBA because of Michael Jordan. 

Our own Jack, a footballing icon.

So true. Smith-Rowe at Arsenal and that lad Davies at Everton have jumped on the bandwagon

To be fair I'm an attacking player and started doing the exact same thing as soon as Jack came on the scene … but I happy to admit its because I'm a complete fanboy 

• Like 1

It's a pity Jack hasn't been able to score from a few of those epic runs against Dirty Leeds and Dirty Burnley.

Probably goals of the season if he had done and games we might have won too; think against Dirty Leeds it was 0-0 then too.

I hope he gets to score a goal like this soon, surely only a matter of time.

Incidentally, it seems Jack is getting locked into left-side where it is easy for two players to close him down. I think Villa should adapt, drop Barkley and let Jack roam in a free role. In the summer buy a super left-side player to complement him; Rodrigo De Paul can play left-side. Or Jack and De Paul can alternate?

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Football London 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂  has said that Arsene Wenger has approved Jack for a 100 million transfer 😂😂😂😂😂😂 to Arsenal 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

i couldnt even type that with a straight face 

Oh Arsene.

Sky are reporting that he said he was at Kylian Mbappe's house trying to get him to sign for Arsenal before he decided to stay at Monaco a few years back. He is just priceless.

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Football London 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂  has said that Arsene Wenger has approved Jack for a 100 million transfer 😂😂😂😂😂😂 to Arsenal 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

i couldnt even type that with a straight face

No matter the article in the press about him, they manage to get an ex-pundit to link him to/or he's a  "united" or "Arsenal" target etc. The express one today has a Ferdinand interview from months ago, to pad it out. It's beyond mental. 😂

Edited by The Other Mat
Terrible cut and paste.

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Oh Arsene.

Sky are reporting that he said he was at Kylian Mbappe's house trying to get him to sign for Arsenal before he decided to stay at Monaco a few years back. He is just priceless.

To be fair on Wenger he literally said he's a brilliant player, no mention from him that he should join Arsenal (in the articles I've read). 

Not liking the albeit-unsubstantiated rumours beginning to circle about him being injured, backed up by him not being in any of today's training photos.  I hope this is just harmless mischief for teh lulz.

Strange because I got forwarded a whatsapp chat claiming that he'd broken his leg last night. Assumed it was nonsense because Jack had updated his Instagram story of him watching the football at home. Can't see him but also wouldn't expect him to do that if he'd just broke his leg.

Same info now going through Twitter, doesn't make it any more credible mind but the fact the Villa twitter wont show him in training is worrying me. 

Â