The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I think one thing has become evidently clear today, Southgate doesn't like Jack either as a character or a player I'm not sure which but its clearly one or the other. He has run out of excuses now for it being performance related.

That means I don't think a move would change things for Jack, which is a bonus for us.

the quotes from the article make me think that he is firmly looked upon by southgate as a "winger" and not an out and out midfielder. Which is bad for Jack's England hopes because he isn't an out and out winger. 

Agreed with your last point, that even if Jack moved to United, he's not going to be playing out wide 100% of the time and that just hurts his chances. 

I honestly have to say I hope southgate fails now as england coach big time and that someone else comes in and builds a better england squad, not just because Jack was not picked just because the squad looks pretty dull in places to be fair.

• Like 1

He's also better than Greenwood, so that doesn't fly either.

Besides his versatility should actually be a good thing for a manager picking a team. The fact that he's claiming to pigeonhole players into positions makes him look bad if anything.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The fact that he's claiming to pigeonhole players into positions makes him look bad if anything.

Most serious football pundits were saying all last season how Jack brings something no other player at his level in England does, and we’re comparing him to Gazza.

The wrongheadedness of this decision will sit there now all season like a dead cat, and the better he plays the more often pundits & journos will point at it and question what Southgate is thinking. 

Seems a silly hill for him to die on but we all know the country loses its mind when it comes to tournaments, fans from all clubs refocus on the national team winning. Just need Jack to keep doing the business until then and Southgate will be forced to u-turn. 

• Like 3

As from what has happened, it now doesn't matter if you need PL experience to play for England, as those goal posts have been well and truly moved. As for now, Jack needing to move to a " bigger" club shouldn't be believed either, because what further bullshit excuse would be given for not selecting Jack, even if he is tearing it up for Manchester City/United, Liverpool, Spurs, or whoever?

He has no honour. He deserves zero respect, as he has gone against his word. Anything that comes out of Sewergrate's mouth has no credibility whatsoever.

• Like 1

I know this is just a dream of mine, but I would have a good giggle fit if Thor tears that midfield apart!

I know it's unlikely, but it would just feel soooooo good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

He's also better than Greenwood, so that doesn't fly either.

Besides his versatility should actually be a good thing for a manager picking a team. The fact that he's claiming to pigeonhole players into positions makes him look bad if anything.

I think Jack is sensational and deserves his place in the squad, and I think he is a completely different player to Greenwood - however I also think barring injury Greenwood will be England’s best striker over the next 10 years. I’m more shocked the likes of Winks are in ahead of him (I know Southgate’s position excuse but still...)

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

the quotes from the article make me think that he is firmly looked upon by southgate as a "winger" and not an out and out midfielder. Which is bad for Jack's England hopes because he isn't an out and out winger. 

Agreed with your last point, that even if Jack moved to United, he's not going to be playing out wide 100% of the time and that just hurts his chances. 

The way Southgate answers these questions make him sound like a football simpleton. I'm seriously doubting him.

Jack is a wide playmaker when he plays on the wing, why can't we have someone like that in the squad? Especially when he's more talented than a lot of the rest of it.

Also...he said something along the lines of how he doesn't see him as a number 8 and England don't play with a 10...yet he selects Mount...WTF? Grealish is a much, much better number 8 than Mount.

It also cracks me up how he mentioned all the wingers and then dropped Hudson-Odoi's name again as if he's still ahead of Grealish 😂😂

He needs to come out and give his true reason for not picking him which is that he has a personal problem with him, instead of feeding us all these bullshit wishy washy excuses which everyone can now see straight through.

• Like 1

Even if selected there is no chance southgate would use him.

Think we have to accept until this clowns sacked grealish wont get a look unless the media put intense pressure on him he wont be getting a call up any time soon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

It's actually tragic. What a loser.

Southgate won't be manager come the Euros.

Yeah he will, he has a world class front 3 to get him out of the shit

he'll do well in the friendlies, he'll do well in the qualifiers, he'll do well in the nation league thing, he'll get an easy group at the euros and do well in that... Then he'll play someone half decent and lose

And get labelled as unlucky 🙄

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah he will, he has a world class front 3 to get him out of the shit

he'll do well in the friendlies, he'll do well in the qualifiers, he'll do well in the nation league thing, he'll get an easy group at the euros and do well in that... Then he'll play someone half decent and lose

And get labelled as unlucky 🙄

This has been the England national team since the day I started watching football. Different coaches, same shit. Revolving door of Good Old Boys.

• Like 4

Â