The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Bazmonkey said:

Can someone just clarify what this 45 mil is...

Is it to balance the the books....get back to 0.00....we owe 45 mil to someone or something...we need 45 to pay for what we have left

If nothing changed from this season, i.e. we got exactly the same revenue in the door and spent the exact same amount of money this season as we did last season, then (according to the Swiss Ramble I believe) we would be over our FFP limit by about £45m

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If nothing changed from this season, i.e. we got exactly the same revenue in the door and spent the exact same amount of money this season as we did last season, then (according to the Swiss Ramble I believe) we would be over our FFP limit by about £45m

Got it...i don' think we have made 45 mil profit this year.

If we to find 45 mil why is Tony letting some local chap design our shirts and not get a bigger name (no disrespect) and sponsor to soften the blow rather than sell our main asset 

2 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

If we to find 45 mil why is Tony letting some local chap design our shirts and not get a bigger name (no disrespect) and sponsor to soften the blow rather than sell our main asset 

We haven't made any profit this year.

FFP limits the amount you are allowed to lose over a period of 3 years (I think).

If nothing was to change this year then we would end up £45m over that limit.

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

This is the 'Swiss Ramble' thread that was posted elsewhere which goes through our FFP challenges next season.

@walesavfc

@Bazmonkey

Previous to this year no-one ever seems to have been punished by it...the year we're facing possible punishment had to be the year they consider point deductions...FFS.

4 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Presumably the local chap is cheaper.

Given what has happened to us, losing Jack for 40m and getting to keep the rest of the squad together is a great let off.  We have to remember that not going up was a disaster.  If we only lose Jack and then shuffle a few players in and out i’ll be relieved.  

Of course I don’t want to lose Jack, it’s not something I want but it think we have be realistic where we are. The least worst result as we don’t have other players in our squad that have anywhere that kind of value.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Given what has happened to us, losing Jack for 40m and getting to keep the rest of the squad together is a great let off.  We have to remember that not going up was a disaster.  If we only lose Jack and then shuffle a few players in and out i’ll be relieved.  

Of course I don’t want to lose Jack, it’s not something I want but it think we have be realistic where we are. The least worst result as we don’t have other players in our squad that have anywhere that kind of value.

I think this is where I am at the moment too.  Plus there's the teeny tiny silver lining of seeing Jack flourish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Given what has happened to us, losing Jack for 40m and getting to keep the rest of the squad together is a great let off.

The issue is that the rest of the squad isn't gonna be looking great without at least a couple of signings. Johnstone, Snodgrass, Terry, possibly Jedinak leaving. That's possibly 5 starters going, including Grealish.

10 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

If I remember rightly the company we've gone with for manufacturing (Fanatics I believe) structure the way they sell the kits in such a way that the club gets a much bigger slice of the revenue, meaning going with this route means instead of getting a couple £m from a sponsorship deal and barely anything from the sales, we get a little less in sponsorship (and as such we can go to smaller more passionate brands) but shirt sales mean more to us financially.

Someone who knows this stuff better than me correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's the gist of it.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Jack is the difference between being a good/decent team and being absolute abhorrent. IMO.

But what is the alternative? If we have to find say 40m re FFP then our net spend has to be -40m.  How many players do we have to sell excluding Jack without replacement.  How weak will our squad be then if we go that route.

We just don’t have our own players of value. Some of the best players were loan players like Terry, Johnstone, Snodgrass....we just don’t have many options

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I'd rather sell our entire first team and play the under-23's with Jack in to be honest :D 

Would be an interesting experiment. 

Scenes when we sell the whole team and only make £2.7m.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But what is the alternative? If we have to find say 40m re FFP then our net spend has to be -40m.  How many players do we have to sell excluding Jack without replacement.  How weak will our squad be then if we go that route.

We just don’t have our own players of value. Some of the best players were loan players like Terry, Johnstone, Snodgrass....we just don’t have many options

True. Very true.

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we get a offer of 40m that would be a amazing deal for us. Id include some add one in that deal.

Lets remember we were 5th without Grealish. I doubt we will get £40m - be great if we did - get it done and move on. 

6 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

It’s a real shame we won’t get to reinvest this money because ordinarily I think most people would bite Leicester’s hand off for £40m (plus potential sell on) otherwise. I can’t see them bidding anything near that in reality.

I think you are right

Â