The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think Terry was the best thing to ever happen Jack, and it might bite us.  Jack had no frame of reference for what was required to be successful, until Terry walked through the doors.  Now he has seen the levels Terry worked at, the attitude, the commitment, and Jack is a different player.  Probably a different person to some degree.  With Terry leaving, Jack will probably get ants in his pants.  He is 22.  It is high time (in his mind if nowhere else) that he made the next step.  He will probably want to be around players approaching Terry's quality week in week out in order to maximise his own potential.

The only thing left for us to wonder about is the level he wants to be at.  Will he wait and hope for a top Premier League side to take a punt on him, or will he make do with dregs like Leicester or West Ham.  Leicester's rumoured imminent sale of Riyad Mahrez to Man Citeh might initiate the first bid for Jack's services.

Given the fact that jack has said Bruce is the best manager he's worked under what would the choice be between Bruce staying and jack committing to another season, or Bruce getting sacked and Jack wanting to leave on the back of that decision??

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

Would I be right in saying that £40mil for him would clear of of FFP for the season ? 

If that blog from a few days back is right, then we're starting £45m down.

7 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Would I be right in saying that £40mil for him would clear of of FFP for the season ? 

Add it to the approx 10 mill we can save in wages through contracts and loans expiring we will be well in the clear. 

I think the 40 Mill we need to find is a bit of a guesstimate though so could be slightly less or a lot more! 

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

If that blog from a few days back is right, then we're starting £45m down.

With wages saved and players like Elphick, Gil and Amavi leaving then we need to raise about £25m it seems. I would much rather sell Adomah, Hogan, Hourihane, Lansbury, McCormack, Tshibola, Taylor, Gardner.

I reckon we could get £30m in total for all of that. We would have no squad left but at least we would have Jack left!

Just now, omariqy said:

With wages saved and players like Elphick, Gil and Amavi leaving then we need to raise about £25m it seems. I would much rather sell Adomah, Hogan, Hourihane, Lansbury, McCormack, Tshibola, Taylor, Gardner.

I reckon we could get £30m in total for all of that. We would have no squad left but at least we would have Jack left!

I agree, there's more than one way to skin a cat (is that still an acceptable analogy in this day and age? ...).  It just depends on whether the powers that be deem missing out on promotion to be worthy of 'losing a Jack and going again', or gutting the squad.  And as much as the fans hate to hear it, there may also be a moral element to allowing someone of Jack's quality to progress himself elsewhere.  Not an angle that us fans typically have much truck with, but it does exist within the game.

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Surely every player has their price though, 40 million is an unbelievable deal for us I think and well worth it. I just can't see it been true though, it'll be around the 20 million mark which I'm not so sure I'd like to sell at. 

Â