The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Just now, av1 said:

If i were Jack I'd spend every spare hour of every day practicing shooting. 

His is becoming a very important player for us, he needs to start adding goals to his game now to really move on to that next level. 

I agree. I would love to see him hesitate less and shoot more. I think he'll bag many if he's a little more selfish when there's a clear opportunity for a shot. Then again his passing game is so brilliant I'm not sure this matters all that much. Top lad!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I agree. I would love to see him hesitate less and shoot more. I think he'll bag many if he's a little more selfish when there's a clear opportunity for a shot. Then again his passing game is so brilliant I'm not sure this matters all that much. Top lad!

Think the 3rd goal shows the benefit of Jack thinking pass first. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Think the 3rd goal shows the benefit of Jack thinking pass first. 

That and the pass to Adomah that almost led to a third Hogan goal, so yes, I obviously agree.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, av1 said:

If i were Jack I'd spend every spare hour of every day practicing shooting. 

His is becoming a very important player for us, he needs to start adding goals to his game now to really move on to that next level. 

His shooting has really improved this season. Puts a lot more power into his shots these days. Almost scored from a curler today.

On 1/15/2018 at 19:05, sheepyvillian said:

All this love for Grealish , I'd be curious to know how many of these loving supporters were once deriding is every appearance . As as been often said , class is permanent .

I had often said he wasn't living up to his potential, and still don't he is there yet. He created a goal today but wasn't one of his best games. He needs to run with pace at players more like he did against Bristol City.

I'm glad he is hitting better form and he finally deserves his place in the team.

45 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Agreed. This might sound like a bit of a criticism, but i also get a bit of Arsenal attitude from him, ie, he tries to almost walk the ball into the net. 

There have been a few accasions like today (in the second half) when he has had more than one opportunity to shoot and tries instead to go round the whole backline. 

He was great today so i dont really want to spend to much time picking out negatives, its just that i think its one area of his game that I'd love to see him work on. 

29 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agreed. This might sound like a bit of a criticism, but i also get a bit of Arsenal attitude from him, ie, he tries to almost walk the ball into the net. 

There have been a few accasions like today (in the second half) when he has had more than one opportunity to shoot and tries instead to go round the whole backline. 

He was great today so i dont really want to spend to much time picking out negatives, its just that i think its one area of his game that I'd love to see him work on. 

Don't know if it's an arrogance thing or that he is simply hesitant, either way I think he should make the decision to shoot more when he's clear and that close to the goal. If anything it could cause serious trouble and allow for rebounded tap ins since Hogan attacks these balls like a shark. I also noticed that today when he rounded three defenders and had at least two windows to make a very dangerous shot. I think he'll work on it and that we'll see his name on the scoreboard a lot more in future games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Bruce took a lot of grief in the summer for saying he had been planning to build the side around him, but looks like he was telling the truth.

Just said similar in the Bruce thread. 

4 hours ago, osmark86 said:

That and the pass to Adomah that almost led to a third Hogan goal, so yes, I obviously agree.

I was just coming on to mention this. Absolute perfection that pass, real top draw stuff that you expect to see from the top midfielders in the PL. If a forrin player playing for Chelsea does it the commentator creams himself. 

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Bruce took a lot of grief in the summer for saying he had been planning to build the side around him, but looks like he was telling the truth.

Well... He said it yes.

But he'd hardly played him the season before or the current preseason in any sort of meaningful role.

Delighted Jacko has risen above and beyond.

Usual stuff from him though. Been turning these performances in for two years. Nice the general play has allowed him to make an impact now.

An excellent footballer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I was just coming on to mention this. Absolute perfection that pass, real top draw stuff that you expect to see from the top midfielders in the PL. If a forrin player playing for Chelsea does it the commentator creams himself. 

Too be fair the foreign commentators I heard did cream themselves ^^

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Well... He said it yes.

But he'd hardly played him the season before or the current preseason in any sort of meaningful role.

Right, maybe because he was (a) a kid and (b) repeatedly doing stupid stuff? I’m his biggest fan but I don’t think you can blame Bruce for not using him more before... the first time he has him fit and in form he is using him exactly how he said he would and I hope it keeps us climbing up the table...

Becoming a man on the pitch.

I hate the saying usually, but his recent performances show a maturity and experience. As a club I think we have done a lot right in his development, and are starting to see the rewards. The harsh realities of his Notts County loan, the slow introduction into the first team, the proportionate disciplinaries for the silly normal stuff a kid does, and now making him a focal point at the right time. Good work all, and long may it last.

• Like 1

Sobered up and watched the highlights, Grealish is unique. Him and Hourihane are a great little tag team. Since his return he's been consistent and effective with space or without space. It's really exciting having a player like that in the team, we will always be a threat in this league. 

Â