The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Typically one step forward, five steps back for grealish. 

Great assist but instead of spurring him on, the petulant child takes over. 

His 'quality' outside of that assist was very poor as well. I understand it's his style to glide around the pitch but he really didn't play with any urgency or intensity with the ball at his feet, taking too many touches and often getting caught in possession, rather than playing with his head up and playing the simple pass immediately when it was on. 

Good players know when to do the simple stuff and then when to do the more intricate stuff, I feel that Grealish will never learn this lesson and thus never really make it to that level. 

• Like 3

Vastly overrated as a player. If he wasn't 'one of our own' this board would have melted down long ago in Westwood like vitriol about how poor he actually is. The probably is a good player in there somewhere but I am not sure we have luxury of waiting for that player to reveal himself.

Edited by Harry

He was influential in the first half but went missing in the 2nd, but he was getting back into the game before the sending off, which on refelection now after all the anger has gone, was very vey harsh. The first booking it was like Bruce said he passed it back to them. the second one, well there were worse tackles in the match that went unpunished. If you are sending off players for those two incidents then football has got far too soft.

Edited by PaulC

What it is lads is that we are waiting in anticipation for this fella to something he's never going to be. He's bang average. It's a nice story, villa through and through, here since he was a kid. We all want it to happen and be true but Grealish is not very good, trust what your eyes see and leave sentiment out of it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He was influential in the first half but went missing in the 2nd, but he was getting back into the game before the sending off, which on refelection now after all the anger has gone, was very vey harsh. The booking it was like Bruce said he passed it back to them. the second one, well there were worse tackles in the match that went unpunished. If you are sending off players for those two incidents then football has got far too soft.

The 2nd yellow was clearly a deliberate foul, you had to of seen that surely. If he stepped aside lichaj was away.

He clearly has ability, he just has too much immaturity at the moment. I do think Bruce needs to stick him in a position and keep him there though. None of this #10 one week, left side of a 3 the next, left midfield the week after. 

Time for grealish to grow up - he's talked about more for bad things than good things he can do on the pitch - can't have potential forever - time to stand up and be a man now instead of a petulant kid .

sick of his antics diving and waving his arms around and kicking the ball away he got what he deserved - he wasn't passing it back to them at all - this league you need to roll your sleeves up and battle - I'm not sure he can .

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes but there were worse fouls committed. Its the combination of the two that I don't like,

I get what you are saying, but it has to be a red. Kicking the ball away is petulant and always going to be a booking. The foul was a very routine "taking one for the team" foul to stop a counter. Both are nailed on yellows. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I get what you are saying, but it has to be a red. Kicking the ball away is petulant and always going to be a booking. The foul was a very routine "taking one for the team" foul to stop a counter. Both are nailed on yellows. 

The first one was marginal because he just passed the ball back to their team. The foul before that was more worthy of a booking imo.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The first one was marginal because he just passed the ball back to their team. The foul before that was more worthy of a booking imo.

I don't know. The foul happened where he had the ball, he played it 30 yards away to Hogan.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2017 at 23:17, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Poor mentality, shit attitude, doesn't care, thinks he's made it, blah blah blah.

Sadly, correct.

as Nuremberg said....."low rent Lee Hendrie" and he was pants too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

If he wasn't a Villa fan he would be getting slated ,he has bags of potential but hasn't got the hunger or attitude to make it ,he will fall by the wayside like many other of our academy prospects you need a certain attitude to succeed he doesn't have it .He thinks and we think he is a lot better than he actually is .

• Like 1

Â