The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Doing the opposite seems a very unnatural stance to take with your own team. But that's just me.

That's most fans. Leave the over the top criticism for other team's fans. 

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it's natural for fans to be slightly over the top with praise for their own players, and defensive if people are over the top with criticism of their own players. 

Doing the opposite seems a very unnatural stance to take with your own team. But that's just me.

I agree.

But I wouldn't say 'utterly wonderful' is slightly OTT as it stands. Jack has really starting to grow on me and I thought he was excellent when he came on v Brighton and that he played well yesterday.

I actually thought yesterday's game across the pitch in terms of quality was quite poor. A lot of aimless booting from both teams. That said, jack's run and pass to gabby was outstanding. 

He's certainly a positive atm but I think it'd be naive to take for granted just how hot n cold he can blow..... and I think terms like 'utterly wonderful' (whether to be taken with a pinch of salt or not) totally ignore the inconsistencies he's shown previously.

Just now, Woodytom said:

I agree.

But I wouldn't say 'utterly wonderful' is slightly OTT as it stands. Jack has really starting to grow on me and I thought he was excellent when he came on v Brighton and that he played well yesterday.

I actually thought yesterday's game across the pitch in terms of quality was quite poor. A lot of aimless booting from both teams. That said, jack's run and pass to gabby was outstanding. 

He's certainly a positive atm but I think it'd be naive to take for granted just how hot n cold he can blow..... and I think terms like 'utterly wonderful' (whether to be taken with a pinch of salt or not) totally ignore the inconsistencies he's shown previously.

I think the way he plays football is wonderful. I really do.

If you think that's OTT then that's your prerogative.

• Like 1

He's already good and this season is perfect for his development. He's under pressure here, but he's in a more forgiving league. He does make mistakes and for me, he over plays. But boy, his technique is good and he's working hard and making a difference. 

I'm sure he'll learn, if he were more direct he'd be even more effective. For example, for the  penalty, he wanted to beat the defenders, then the keeper, then the defenders again. 

• Like 1

Jack has stopped falling over quite so easily outside of the box, is getting on with the game quicker when the referee doesn't award a fowl and is pressing the opposition more when he's not got the ball. All big improvements to his game. As unspectacular as it may have been to most, I particularly enjoyed him running at the Cardiff player who was lining up a long pass forward in the last few minutes of yesterday's game. Jack started 20 yards away and was never likely to be able to tackle the player before the pass was played. The Cardiff player saw Jack running at him and played a hurried pass out of play and slipped over in the process. Impressive commitment from Jack so late in the game.

• Like 1

Thought Grealish was brilliant yesterday. Faded a bit in the beginning of the second half but worked his socks off. So good, that through ball to Gabby was perfect. Looks like he's enjoying football and is definitely stepping up. Was the only player who would receive the ball from defenders, turn and look to do something positive. Such a fantastic talent, hope he kicks on with a few more goals/assists.

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Right well that's not what you originally said but fair enough.

It's what I meant. Hence why I went on to talk about the way he plays football.

If you inferred differently then I apologise, but I didn't expect the superlative police to be quite so strict after a victory.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eastie said:

My worry is that he will get a reputation for diving and some referees will look out for him and not give decisions  because  of that - grealish has the creative spark that can destroy teams in this league.

I got the same worry Eastie. We're not there yet, but...

Anyway, Jack was superlative for what I know.

4 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

He made some unexpectedly great bonecrunching tackles too, seems like he's adding some toughness to his game.

I've actually been impressed with his tackling every time I've seen him play this season, I can't remember a game I watched where he mistimed a tackle. Didn't expect it of him, but if he's playing on the same side of the pitch as an Amavi type of full back then that's going to be an invaluable attribute. 

Disclaimer: haven't watched every game this season so if he's made a couple of horror challenges then I just didn't see them

He has always been potential.....but under Steve Bruce, I think he can mature in to what we all hoped for.

When he is on it....he is a big plus for us.

SB and Jack will be good for each other.

Â