The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

And the comments from xia and RDM

Yes, RDM confirming there's an investigation on the article and Xia with his big brother shite.  Basically there have been no developments since the article. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yes, RDM confirming there's an investigation on the article and Xia with his big brother shite.  Basically there have been no developments since the article. 

I can't see RDM claiming that he needs to grow up quickly without there being some truth in it.

19 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Can't the lad even celebrate his 21st without a bit of bother from the media? This particular case has just been blown out of proportion imo.

I'll be very disappointed if he's dropped tomorrow.

If he starts, we'll know that the club are satisfied that he's done nothing wrong and we move on.

I really don't see much of an issue at the moment, the investigation may change that. 

His antics last summer were bad and he deserved criticism, his antics after the Everton defeat deserved criticism. But so far there's no evidence that he's done anything wrong apart from guests at his party acting like tits at early hours in the morning. We don't really know how true that is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Can't the lad even celebrate his 21st without a bit of bother from the media? This particular case has just been blown out of proportion imo.

I'll be very disappointed if he's dropped tomorrow.

If the manager is publicy commenting on it then I'd say it's a bit more than the press's fault.

It's disappointing as I've been pretty happy with what I've seen from Jack on the pitch so far this season. Been pretty good with more to come.

Still I guess we could rescind his contract and then re-sign him for 40m in a few years time. Seems the fashionable thing for clubs to do nowadays.

6 hours ago, Paul33 said:

No disrespect but nobody gives a shiny shite what you do as you are a nobody to the masses. Jack is a footballer for a team that is idolised by tens of thousands who pay huge money to support and fund that team and everything he does WILL be analysed and reported ..... that's the price all footballers pay for the huge money they earn.

If he wants to live a "normal" life then get out of football, give up your millions and get in the job queue !

You completely missed my point in that paragraph. You were talking as if a party in a hotel in the centre of Birmingham was "living the high life". It's hardly that is it. 

All I'd do is mention to him one of my favourite comparisons....Gareth Barry and Lee Hendrie.

Now Hendrie had a good career for us but it could've been better. Certainly in playing more than once for England and not playing his last premier league game for us at the age of 29.

Now Barry was very similar at Grealish's age...he was busy going out, drinking too much and getting in trouble with the authorities.He soon wised up though, has 60 odd England caps (should've been a lot more when you consider the years under Sven when he should've been called up) and will in next year break the premier league appearence record. He also has a few medals from Man. City days.

Which career does Jack want? My main worry is he'll be pretty satisfied with Hendrie's.

I keep hearing about Barry as a great example. 

6 years ago when he was 29, a lot older than jack currently is, him, Joe Hart, Shay given and Adam Johnson all turned up drunk to a random student party, it was filmed and sold to the sun. 

Let's not pretend you have to be jesus reborn to have a successful football career. 

Edited by DCJonah

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I really don't see much of an issue at the moment, the investigation may change that. 

His antics last summer were bad and he deserved criticism, his antics after the Everton defeat deserved criticism. But so far there's no evidence that he's done anything wrong apart from guests at his party acting like tits at early hours in the morning. We don't really know how true that is. 

They're not fining him 50 grand for "not doing anything wrong". Di  Matteo didn't back him or dismiss the story.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

6 years ago when he was 29, a lot older than jack currently is, him, Joe Hart, Shay given and Adam Johnson all turned up drunk to a random student party, it was filmed and sold to the sun. 

Let's not pretend you have to be jesus reborn to have a successful football career. 

And Adam Johnson gets a mention in the Grealish thread?

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

They're not fining him 50 grand for "not doing anything wrong". Di  Matteo didn't back him or dismiss the story.

Are they fining him 50 grand?

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You certainly don't, but I rather he be a bit more like Jesus (or any given professional athlete) and a bit less like Adam Johnson :D

• Like 2

Well if they fine him then at a guess it will be for bringing the club in to disripute and he's brought the club in to disripute by a being in the paper in an article that doesn't actually say he did anything it merely implies it, so they could actually fine him for doing nothing...they could also not fine him but slap his bum behind the scenes...or they could stand by their player and go after the journo instead

I'm expecting a "dealt with internally" statement at some point 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm expecting a "dealt with internally" statement at some point 

That would be my guess too.  Until Xia takes to twitter, obviously.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sne said:

You certainly don't, but I rather he be a bit more like Jesus (or any given professional athlete) and a bit less like Adam Johnson :D

Wasn't he a carpenter? Either way you need professionalism to make it; Jesus didn't get where he was by turning water in to wine and hanging out with prostitutes. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Wasn't he a carpenter? Either way you need professionalism to make it; Jesus didn't get where he was by turning water in to wine and hanging out with prostitutes. 

He did actually. Difference was he had 12 minders to keep the press away

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Lol, isn't your personality completely different in the Gabby thread?

Â