The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He's still not fully developed physically and teams will rough him up

When he does go down he doesn't make a meal of things and appeal for stuff he gets up and chases after the ball like he did tonight on quite a few occasions

Drawing fouls is part of his game imo

I thought he was fantastic, really got involved. Was very impressed with him. 

Hopefully see him start a bit more now, just behind the strikers is where he needs to be. 

I enjoyed his performance in the first-half. Involved in a lot of positive play. The ease in which he can take out opposition players is delightful. I really hope to see a lot more of him until the end of the season now.

I think we're all going a bit overboard about his performance tonight, he had an ok game I thought but way too lightweight, tries to do way too much, sloppy touches here and there and keeps hold of it for just that bit too long which gets him into trouble or looses possession.

On the bright side, it's good to see an attack minded player who isn't afraid to try stuff and isn't scared of other players.

Huge potential but needs to continue to develop.

Edited by Ingram85

I agree Ingram he had a good 1st half but that was it,some runs were good but gets pushed off the ball too easy,very hesitant round the box and his delivery was dreadful.Still think he needs to improve a hell of a lot to be a starter week in week out.

Gutted he never scored. He deserved it after that performance, really exciting to watch against an albeit cumbersome defence. They were not sure how to deal with him at all. He falls very dramatically though and the ref was making a show of giving him little.

'After being expected to start wide, Sherwood opted to play the highly-rated prospect behind Gabby Agbonlahor and Cristian Benteke as a playmaker. The gamble failed to pay off though as he was subbed with 20 minutes remaining following a lightweight display.'

Sky sports

Load of bollocks

• Like 1

I have to say, I don't think that's a totally unreasonable assessment. A bit harsh, perhaps, because Grealish gave it his all and looked lively in the first half but he faded badly in the second and looked very lightweight. I'm not knocking him - I'm a believer when it comes to this guy's potential - but I just don't think he should be making starts at this point during a desperate dash to the line. We haven't got the luxury for him to learn on the job over the next few weeks. Next season for me. 

I'd give him a 6 as a rating for his performance. He did some alright things but he did look lightweight and his lack of experience showed. I'd like him to get more game time but not when we've got games that we need to win - we have to minimise our risks and playing him is a risk.

Â