The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

In almost a decade of playing football I never fell to the ground in that manner because I thought someone might clatter in to me.

That's an absolute dive. I don't think for a second that he would have been correcting the ref when the whistle was blown. He may have been anticipating contact but in doing so he took a massive deliberate dive.

• Like 1

Exactly.

If he tried to hurdle the challenge or get his legs out of the way in any fashion and THEN fell over, then that would be a debate. But he doesn't. He leaves his legs in there hoping to get some contact and get the foul

This "avoiding contact" malarky is just creeping into analysis to excuse players who dive. I think it rarely happens. And if it does then the player wouldn't fall flat on his face as a result.

• Like 2

Hey, did anyone notice that Grealish's red card the other day was a bit questionable? I've looked at it a few times and can't decide whether it's a dive or he's been fouled or is just trying to get out of the way of Lescott. What do the rest of you think? Anyone have an opinion?

• Like 4

Hey, did anyone notice that Grealish's red card the other day was a bit questionable? I've looked at it a few times and can't decide whether it's a dive or he's been fouled or is just trying to get out of the way of Lescott. What do the rest of you think? Anyone have an opinion?

its tricky, but i thought his foot went towards Lescott.

but I'm not sure what the Ref saw

The ref could have been right on both counts?

Edited by TRO

In almost a decade of playing football I never fell to the ground in that manner because I thought someone might clatter in to me.

That's an absolute dive. I don't think for a second that he would have been correcting the ref when the whistle was blown. He may have been anticipating contact but in doing so he took a massive deliberate dive.

So which top level team did you play for? 

Anyone else who see the similarties to this dive:

Villa get the short end of the stick on both occasions?

Thats the only similarity that I can see... Young dived... Grealish was fouled...

Villa player in the video tried everything he could to not foul Young...

Lescott did everything he could to get the ball... Missed the ball and obstructed Grealish

I met Jack today at my voluntary work, his sister is a member of SoLO (Solihull Life Opportunties), it was an absolute pleasure, I shook his hand and had a little chat with him, seemed very down to earth, nice guy, it was definitely one of the proudest moments of my life without doubt, can't wait to see him get more minutes on the pitch under TS

I met Jack today at my voluntary work, his sister is a member of SoLO (Solihull Life Opportunties), it was an absolute pleasure, I shook his hand and had a little chat with him, seemed very down to earth, nice guy, it was definitely one of the proudest moments of my life without doubt, can't wait to see him get more minutes on the pitch under TS

Should have asked him if he deliberately dived so as to appease the fans who seem to be disagreeing on dive or no dive?

• Like 1

Should have asked him if he deliberately dived so as to appease the fans who seem to be disagreeing on dive or no dive?

I should have but I got too embarrassed, sorry! 

I should have but I got too embarrassed, sorry!
Just kidding -for some reason my emoticons aren't working.

Are you saying he didn't travel with the squad?

#notcommited#grealish-out#bigtimecharlie

I should have but I got too embarrassed, sorry!
Just kidding -for some reason my emoticons aren't working.

I know you were!

Are you saying he didn't travel with the squad?

#notcommited#grealish-out#bigtimecharlie

I can confirm that he didn't travel with the squad

Â