The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Sherwood's history at Spurs suggests Jack will have a proper chance under him...seeing as he wasn't on the bench recently yet was restored as soon as Lambert was booted bodes well.

Not sure we'll see a lot of him in the next few weeks but IF we're safe with a game or two to go I think he'll start those.

Sherwoods history at Spurs showed that he played young players who looked ready for first team football. Mason 23, Rose 24, are not in the same boat.

Kane and Bentaleb (20 & 18 under Sherwood) are the only real comparison age wise but both are 6`1 plus and having the build of a man helps when you are still inexperienced.

I think Jack has the talent and should have a future but dosnt look ready in stature or honed ability, 

Edited by Nicho
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did really well when he came on.

Hope he keeps getting chances to play.

Agree.

By far the best he's played for us. Looked excellent and looked like he really REALLY wanted it.

More of that please Jack

• Like 1

I'll give Tim Sherwood his due here. Who on earth would of thrown Grealish on at that point when the game meant so much. Talk about a vote of confidence and honestly it paid off. Grealish played great when he came on. 

Props to both Sherwood and Grealish. UTV

• Like 2

Took a while to get into the game but thought he was really influential at the end.

Interesting that he initally took CNZ's place in the hole behind the two strikers but Sherwood eventually moved him out wider in which he got much more of the ball. Wonder which long term position of the two he'll mature into.

He was alright, I think it's important not to get carried away here. He's got it all to prove and I hope he understands that, sometimes I feel he's got a misplaced sense of arrogance and needs to knuckle down.

Took a while to get into the game but thought he was really influential at the end.

Interesting that he initally took CNZ's place in the hole behind the two strikers but Sherwood eventually moved him out wider in which he got much more of the ball. Wonder which long term position of the two he'll mature into.

I think he was instructed free to roam by TS. Even after Bacuna filled AMR/MR slot. It was the main factor for his better performance and was really influentual in the last 15 minutes.

I wonder if that shot he had when he cut in from the right was going in before it was blocked? Would have been outrageous

I think it was going in. Shame he did not convert his previous volley. Would be a massacre in front of Holte End.

Overall, well done Young Padawan.

Encouraging performance from Jack.

Good to see Tim putting faith in him. He was very positive on the ball and once he drifted to the wing was dangerous every time he got the ball.

Had a good chance to score himself. He will be all the better for the experience.

Looked good, but looked like he could play a lot better with more confidence/freedom. Was playing within himself a bit, movement and hunger looked a lot better than the last couple of times he got on.

Looked lively. A couple of mistakes, but he needs to get the experience at this level.

I agree we should be playing him more. Maybe not starting, but certainly off the bench.

Â