The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

The lad should be playing. 

Agreed i like the guy and i think he is on course to be a great footballer i know some people are saying he is being over hyped but he is in a weird position at the moment where when he has come on he's been fresh and a positive impact on the game but not a game changer yet. However the players who he replaces are that shit and non existent on the pitch that when he does come on, even a clever turn or run going forward is applauded this is the reason why there is so much 'over hype' we are not used to positive attacking play. It was the same last week when gil came on he makes one clever pass and suddenly he is amazing and yet i feel he made the same amount of impact that grealish does whenever he comes on so going by that if gil starts technically grealish should be starting. Obviously I can't go by what happens on the training ground but this guy needs to start a game he can always be subbed if its not working out.

I also wouldn't exactly call what he put on twitter a rant its nice to see a player actually saying he wants to play football rather than just thinking about their wallet.

They've just had a bit on this on soccer Saturday,

Le tissier thought the tweet was innocuous and may have been frustration at being a creative player seeing the team failing to score.

Merson thinks it would be a joke is we loaned him out, and the idea playing him in a bad team would damage him is wrong as he seems fearless in youth and confident.

All of them thought he should be getting a game, and Charlie Nicholas made a good point that both he and gil are young and unproven and Lambert had no problem throwing gil straight in(albeit off the bench) and they both should be playing so we(the fans) actually have something to be excited about.

• Like 1

Has had some poor games and some very good ones. Just what you expect from a 19 year old. Should be playing more.

Must be frustrating for him to see a player like Agbonlahor who hasn't been consistently good for us in four years, being dreadful for 90 minutes week in and week out and still in absolutely no danger of losing his place.

• Like 1

I think we have to play him now. The kids busting a gut to get on, so does it make any sense to keep relying on the same old under-acheiving 'stars' to get us out of the s**t? If we go down, we go down, but I'd rather do it fighting than just going through the motions every week, as certain players seem to be. We have Gil now, who has already demonstrated his ability to get at players and Grealish has that same potential.

Consign Cleverly, or Delph for different reasons, to history and play the lad.

I think we have to play him now. The kids busting a gut to get on, so does it make any sense to keep relying on the same old under-acheiving 'stars' to get us out of the s**t? If we go down, we go down, but I'd rather do it fighting than just going through the motions every week, as certain players seem to be. We have Gil now, who has already demonstrated his ability to get at players and Grealish has that same potential.

Consign Cleverly, or Delph for different reasons, to history and play the lad.

Agbonlahor does his defensive duties, so will always get in over Jack.

In my opinion.

they treated him like shit to sign a new deal and then Lambert gets upset that Jack was misled and got upset?

This club is a farce.

In this instance i can understand Lambert being upset.. but when its caused by his own actions... i think a fine is harsh. Have a stern talking to the kid.. he is 19 and grown up in a social media generation. Paul needs to show a little more understanding. I fear they will have a rocky relationship and Jack will not get many opportunities. Suddenly he is ill and may not feature in the FA Cup...............

Treated him like shit? Yeah I really feel sorry for him, must be terrible.
Yeah give him false hope and opportunity until he signs a new deal and then basically discard him and use other woeful players in his place. I wouldnt be happy.
I can understand why he's frustrated, he just wants to play. However to say he's been treated like shit is a for far fetched. He's a young lad who is in his first season, should knuckle down, wait patiently and earn his place. It's not like he's made one appearance and then been dropped completely.

I just think Grealish being in the squad often before he signed was on false pretenses. Maybe treated him like shit was too far fetched but Lambert hasn't treated him well either. There is no way Richardson etc all deserve a spot on the bench in front of him. Just because they have experience... they have been very very poor and they will not improve as players.. if anything they are past their best. Robinson is another who deserves a shot. Our strikers are misfiring and we dont have depth in that position.. when else will he be given a crack? no wonder their frustrated. I bet Robinson is too but he was smart enough not to put it on twitter where unfortunately Jack made the wrong decision.

He was still in the squad and played after he signed a contract.

He's put on Twitter "when the hate don't work, they start telling lies", suggesting that a lot of what we've read in the media is bollocks?

It's a French Montana lyric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFFseMs3h74

Well yes, but I doubt it is a coincidence.

Â