The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Yeah I dont think he will start either but what is certain is that he has played his way into the managers thinking which I'm sure jack would have taken prior to pre season started. 

Really looking forward to seeing him shine in Prem, a lot of us here have been following this kid for many years and so happy his time has come to show what he can do against the big boys.

Play him, if he's good enough we'll find out sooner rather than laterl. To me it's so stupid not playing these type of players just beacuse. If Ferguson thought about not playing potentials back in the early 90's than................................

I suppose there's the argument that playing him too much too early, could put too much pressure on him and halt his progress?

Many people have suggested that Weimann could have progressed much better, had he not been relied on to perform in a relegation battling side of young-and-unproven players.

The same could happen to Grealish if we're not careful.

I want us to play him. But we also shouldn't heap too much pressure on him.

I want to agree with this, and especially the highlighted parts. We haven't been good at getting the balance right in recent years. 

Play him, if he's good enough we'll find out sooner rather than laterl. To me it's so stupid not playing these type of players just beacuse. If Ferguson thought about not playing potentials back in the early 90's than................................

I suppose there's the argument that playing him too much too early, could put too much pressure on him and halt his progress?

Many people have suggested that Weimann could have progressed much better, had he not been relied on to perform in a relegation battling side of young-and-unproven players.

I want to agree with this, and especially the highlighted parts. We haven't been good at getting the balance right in recent years.

I want to agree with it because it may explain why the likes of Andi haven't progressed, but I can't. I think it's an easy excuse.

Players play. They don't like losing of course, who does. But if they're good enough their talent will be noticed regardless. We lost a lot in that opening season, but Weimann played well regardless. Shone in fact. If some of those younger players had continued their development, or even stood still, they'd have not been playing in such a struggling side.

That said, Westwood actually improved last season. So again the theory falls down.

Play the lad. He's ready.

• Like 1

DDID, Weimann shone that season, but only at times. He still had his critics slamming him for running around aimlessly/ poor first touch etc etc.

I believe he had those critics because he was relied upon to be one of our 3 goal-threats, with Gabby and Tekkers, and the pressure was too much for him. He didn't have a break away from being relied upon.

If Weimann was playing in a settled Premier League side of experienced players (ie: not Clark/ Baker/ Westwood/ Lowton/ Bennett/ El Ahmadi), I believe he would have progressed better.

Westwood scored more goals last season, but I don't agree that he improved. I think he has stood still, with his general performances. But again, I believe that had you dropped Westwood into a settled Premier League side, he would perform better, and maybe not have halted in his progress.

This.

DDID, Weimann shone that season, but only at times. He still had his critics slamming him for running around aimlessly/ poor first touch etc etc.

I believe he had those critics because he was relied upon to be one of our 3 goal-threats, with Gabby and Tekkers, and the pressure was too much for him. He didn't have a break away from being relied upon.

If Weimann was playing in a settled Premier League side of experienced players (ie: not Clark/ Baker/ Westwood/ Lowton/ Bennett/ El Ahmadi), I believe he would have progressed better.

Westwood scored more goals last season, but I don't agree that he improved. I think he has stood still, with his general performances. But again, I believe that had you dropped Westwood into a settled Premier League side, he would perform better, and maybe not have halted in his progress.

I don't think that Weimann has ever displayed the touch or composure that we have seen from Jack so it's not a good comparrison. What Jack has shown to date is a maturity and no small amount of skill. Weimann has always been a headless chicken. 

I agree if he's good enough then use him and he is good enough to be an important squad player. This season will be easier for him as no one will know who he is or what to expect. His difficult season will be his second season.

Local boy breaking through who can beat a man and get the crowd on their feet.

If that doesn't stir your soul then nothing will. It's Roy of the Rovers. It's George Best chipping the entire defence. It's Ryan Giggs gliding past trailing tackles. It's at the very heart of why we love football.

Possibly the best comment ive ever seen on VT.

If we only see a glimmer of magic this season from Jack then what a tonic it would be for our fans in the current climate.

By the way what are you feeding him at home? the boy has legs like a Grand National winner.

If that doesn't stir your soul then nothing will. It's Roy of the Rovers. It's George Best chipping the entire defence. It's Ryan Giggs gliding past trailing tackles. It's at the very heart of why we love football.

Possibly the best comment ive ever seen on VT.
If we only see a glimmer of magic this season from Jack then what a tonic it would be for our fans in the current climate.

By the way what are you feeding him at home? the boy has legs like a Grand National winner.

Not sure about the diet but if we do lose him I hope we at least get a Findus fee...

Play him, he's the ideal supply route for DB.

I don't think any supply line is going to get 'DB' firing nowadays tbh.

Well there is that, but the goals have got to come from somewhere until Benteke and Kozak return.

I would start him against Stoke, whether he is ready or not. He can't be any worse than Gabby.

Gabby can earn his place, and his contract for the first time this decade.

A decade? I suggest you watch some of the seasons past highlights before making such a dramatic statement, and I mean BEFORE the past couple, just to see if you can justify your statement.

I really do feel its the right move to start him. It will make senior players realise there's competition for places, it will reward a player for performing well and it will actually give us a better chance of winning. He's an attacking player, full of confidence and playing well.

mKm801XVJWSWss8ktOqV0nA.jpg

Â