The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Jack is something which very few of our players our and that is 'exciting'. When he gets the ball, I don't clench my butt cheeks in fear like I do with our other players, I actually think something positive may happen.  

I'd play him behind Bent against Stoke. 

• Like 1

After seeing the performances of our attacking midfielders in preseason, Jack would be in my starting 11. This game was a test for him against the highest class opposition he's faced and he was comfortable.

I dont care how young or inexperienced he is. They all start somewhere. Everton and other teams debut 18 year olds all the time. Whats the big deal. If he is good enough he is old enough.

• Like 2

After seeing the performances of our attacking midfielders in preseason, Jack would be in my starting 11. This game was a test for him against the highest class opposition he's faced and he was comfortable.

Are Parma better than Man City then? :)

I thought he was the best player on the pitch today. I'm so excited about him!

However I think Stoke away first game might be the wrong game to start him in. I fear they'd really batter him - I wouldn't want him getting injured first game. I'd rather he came on as a sub if he had to. Ideally for me he'd start against Newcastle. 

I loved how he came right up to the Holte End afterwards and he got the reception he deserved. 

Edited by KjParton
  • Like 1

As I said in the match thread, I just didn't really believe most of the hype about this kid, but he does look really good, and he's very entertaining to watch, he was the only player (on both sides) worth the price of admission today. Getting a contract sorted is vital for this kid, if we lose him for free it'll be gut-wrenching. 

Are Parma better than Man City then? :)

well yes, there was that 5 minute spell, but in a game that was over to such a level the City players were basically strolling around the pitch.

I thought the lad looked like a young Paul Merson and was eager to get on the ball ballad run at defenders. Very impressed with the short performance from him today. He just needs to stay in the central areas and run at people. Also, he needs to be confident and shoot when the chance comes his way, instead of trying to play someone in who is senior to but, not better than, himself.

The lad oozed quality with the posing for pics after the game too. Shame some of the more senior players couldn't take a leaf out of this lad's book!

I'd start him in a centre 3 with Delph and Westwood against Stoke, playing behind the striker.

Edited by villarocker

I'm really pleased by how much he's developed physically over the past twelves months - he's not the little skinny figure he was a year ago.

I don't know OBE, those shorts look like the the same size my 10 month old lad wears. But, Messi is no giant and it hasn't stopped him being the best in the world.

Â