The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I dint think this is quite over yet. I think spurs will make another offer believing they can get him.

If villa accept they will say grealish wanted to leave and we respected his wishes meaning we got a higher fee. So all in all would have been a smart tactic from new owner if we got 30m+ for him.

• Like 1

It would be a smart tactic, however i do believe NOT FOR SALE means just that, in this case. The new owners would have seen us win Monday night, got a taste of the love and passion involved in being a fan of this club, will know how pivotal Jack will be to get us out of this God forsaken championship, and are literally blocking any move full stop. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dint think this is quite over yet. I think spurs will make another offer believing they can get him.

If villa accept they will say grealish wanted to leave and we respected his wishes meaning we got a higher fee. So all in all would have been a smart tactic from new owner if we got 30m+ for him.

I can’t see him going now. The new owners would rather keep a disgruntled Jack and keep the fans on side, than sell him for a few extra mill and the fan base turning on them 24 hours after the ‘not for sale at any price’. 

A disgruntled Jack will soon get over it and keep firing for us. 

• Like 1

I think there is now an element of our new owners flexing their muscles. This is almost the same as making a big signing statement. The money to a large extent is no longer relevant, Levy has tried to mug us over and treated Aston Villa with almost contempt. These guys won’t like that and want to send out a message that we’re no ones mugs, treat us with respect or do one. The football world is watching and they know it. As does Levy who has backed himself into a corner with nowhere to go but make a massive offer, which he can’t afford and could still be rejected. 

The press are flapping about trying to help their favourites. The reaction to the Thierry Henry story and calling of names such as, “Autograph Hunters” won’t have gone unnoticed, whether there was any basis to the story or not. These gentlemen are rich, powerful and most importantly very savvy. They know the power of the press, but won’t be intimidated in the least, the message is, there’s an old friend back in town, that might not be as friendly as you all thought, respect us and join the party or you’ll be paying the price for not having a ticket. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I can’t see him going now. The new owners would rather keep a disgruntled Jack and keep the fans on side, than sell him for a few extra mill and the fan base turning on them 24 hours after the ‘not for sale at any price’. 

A disgruntled Jack will soon get over it and keep firing for us. 

Fans wont turn on them if they retrieve ovee 30m and then get some real quality for the team. With no terry here I don't know for sure what grealish will be like if disgruntled. I personally don't think he was his normal best on Monday night and he was abit unsettled with all the speculation. 

I still have a feeling he may go today esp if spurs sell one or two players for big money. Levy is under massive pressure to sign players and I can see him having to bow to the pressure and ovee spend on Jack.

One things for sure it's so good to be on the winning side for once an dont havw our pants pulled down

• Like 1

im at work so havent seen it myself (fake news!) but saw someone saying SSN are running the story that he will have to be reintegrated in to the squad after his disappointment of missing out of the move

james nursey still cant let it go 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

im at work so havent seen it myself (fake news!) but saw someone saying SSN are running the story that he will have to be reintegrated in to the squad after his disappointment of missing out of the move

The irony of them using an image of Jack totally gutted about a Villa loss to visually represent his frustration of not being allowed to leave the club is laughable.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Crystal Palace, Fulham and Everton?! Staying at the club you love trumps playing for any of them.... and also trumps joining Spurs in my humble opinion so I highly doubt he is that disgruntled, might be a little disappointed as I’m sure a change was exciting for him but after today he won’t be fussed either. 

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Crystal Palace, Fulham and Everton?! Staying at the club you love trumps playing for any of them.... and also trumps joining Spurs in my humble opinion so I highly doubt he is that disgruntled, might be a little disappointed as I’m sure a change was exciting for him but after today he won’t be fussed either. 

If I were Jack, I think either of those three would be a better choice than Spurs - you're almost guaranteed to play regularly, and in the prem against some of the best players in the world. After a couple of seasons there learning the league, making the step up and proving to all that you can run a midfield in the PL, then is the time to make the move to a top 4 club. More playing time now = better player in 5-6 years time.

Obviously absolutely stoked he's staying though! 

Â