The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Galling if Grealish goes, but it would be for very good money - and I bet if he does then we'll have a good little option (for a fraction of his price) coming in from abroad before the end of the month, we might not miss him as much as we feared. 

5 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

As I understand it from Bruce's pressers, we do not have to sell anyone due to FFP. 

I'm not sure why people are saying we do?

Would not be the best way going into any potential negotiation for say Grealish with everyone knowing we have to sell due to FFP.

The math and the figures suggest we may have to sell players and reduce cost, would be very strange if we didn't tbh.

Think the figures put out by among others The Swiss Ramble shows how bad we were hemorrhaging money and that is why people are suggesting we may infact need to sell.

But we probably no longer need to give away our priced assets for peanuts anymore thanks to our new owners.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Would not be the best way going into any potential negotiation for say Grealish with everyone knowing we have to sell due to FFP.

The math and the figures suggest we may have to sell players and reduce cost, would be very strange if we didn't tbh.

Think the figures put out by among others The Swiss Ramble shows how bad we were hemorrhaging money and that is why people are suggesting we may infact need to sell.

But we probably no longer need to give away our priced assets for peanuts anymore thanks to our new owners.

well, I guess we will find out in the next few days. 

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

I hope the £6m deal for Bryan isn’t linked to Grealish being sold. 

I don’t see how it can’t be. Unless everyone who’s talking about balancing the books is completely wrong. I thought it was a case of selling Grealish, balance the books, bring in a few loans, free transfers.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

If I can stop you there Vive.

We're selling him because we need to meet FFP. Therefore we are not able to reinvest the funds. If we didn't need the money to meet FFP we wouldn't be selling him.

And suddenly Villa have a £6m bid accepted.

Bruce has confirmed we are in talks with spurs.  If he doesnt play tonight we know why. 

I dont expect him to feature . 

Beuce has said although we don't want to sell I at difficult as apurs are one of the best teams in the country.  However if its a big bid we will sell.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce has confirmed we are in talks with spurs.  If he doesnt play tonight we know why. 

Beuce has said although we don't want to sell I at difficult as apurs are one of the best teams in the country.  However if its a big bid we will sell.

really hopes this transfer doesn't happen. I hope spurs try being cheap and we shove it in their faces.

50 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

As I understand it from Bruce's pressers, we do not have to sell anyone due to FFP. 

I'm not sure why people are saying we do?

Because facts. Ultimately don't look at what people say, look at what they do.

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Today's events seem to back up that we don't have to sell players to balance the books. £6mill bid on a player without having offloaded Grealish or anyone else. If our hands were truly tied by FFP, presumably we'd be on a sell to buy basis, but it currently (as of 10:53 this morning) doesn't seem that we are. 

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

where has Bruce confirmed we are in talks with spurs to sell Grealish?

Source?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

Is it possible that yourself and others who have looked at the sums for the financial side of things have just forgotten to carry the one or something? 

• Like 1

Just now, DrUnKeNbUm said:

where has Bruce confirmed we are in talks with spurs to sell Grealish?

Source?

Press conference a couple of days ago, but he said that they were miles and miles from the asking price. 

• Thanks 1

FFP is still an issue. We've met with the league and given them our plans which they were happy with. I can't imagine adding to our already our already bloated squad and spending serious £ is going to make them happy.  Sales will be happening. I am sure Grealish will be one of them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Press conference a couple of days ago, but he said that they were miles and miles from the asking price. 

Phew! I thought something had come out this morning.

yeah the one from a few days ago said Spurs made an enquiry but nothing more.

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

WTH I thought this was something new. From the presser it was clear that we do t have to sell anyone unless a premium fee is met.

I swear it seems like some people really want him to he sold the way they speculate. From all the talk on here I thought it was confirmed he was off.

dem nerves bruh tis all.

• Like 1

Â