The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

21 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

i'm sorry it really isn't, hoofing it angrily off the pitch or to time waste is one thing, he passed it forward. By the letter of the law thousands more bookings could be issue, sometimes common sense prevails, it didn't here.

Not defending the tackle for the second yellow, that was stupid in light of the first.

He "passed" it having clearly heard the whistle and knowing the game was stopped.

It's a yellow card. Just because some refs let players get away with it sometimes doesn't mean it's not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He "passed" it having clearly heard the whistle and knowing the game was stopped.

It's a yellow card. Just because some refs let players get away with it sometimes doesn't mean it's not.

Exactly. A less petulant player would've remembered it was a team game. Sad but true.

He has to learn, but I'm not going to chuck him on the scrap heap because of a silly error in judgement. I thought the second yellow was a little harsh. 

By the letter of the law maybe it is, but under the circumstances I though leniency could have been shown. He shouldn't have been on the pitch however, that is on his manager.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He has to learn, but I'm not going to chuck him on the scrap heap because of a silly error in judgement. I thought the second yellow was a little harsh. 

By the letter of the law maybe it is, but under the circumstances I though leniency could have been shown. He shouldn't have been on the pitch however, that is on his manager.  

Seemed a silly challenge to make when on a booking and in an area deepin their half .

Could see from his face he knew he was off before the card even came out - if the midfield deliver with jedinak tucked in deep then grealish could be out some time .

Edited by Eastie

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well people are certainly losing patience with him. When is he consistently going to start performing? If he can't do it at this level doesn't have a chance at the top level in my view

3 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

It's his first red card and it was due to silliness, it's not like he's chopping people down constantly.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Actually I'm pretty sure it's his second? Vs WBA, FA Cup?

Correct - he was sent off for diving .

The second foul wasn't a yellow if you just look at the tackle.

What made it a yellow was it was completely cynical. 

Lichaj was away to launch an attack and Jack knew exactly what he was doing.

ok forget the game at the weekend, I would just like to walk away from a game and think wow Grealish won that game for us, or Grealish really made the difference in that game or without Grealish we would never have won that game.  Surely that is the type of player he is supposed to be, "the difference maker". Yet in all his appearances if I struggle I could only make a handful of games that came close to that.  So while that continues, the downsides of his game will get more focus because what else is there!

• Like 3

My take on the first booking.... He should have just left the ball, like 95% of all other professionals do, but instead he gave the ref an excuse. It's easy Jack, don't give the ref the excuse to book ya...

12 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

My take on the first booking.... He should have just left the ball, like 95% of all other professionals do, but instead he gave the ref an excuse. It's easy Jack, don't give the ref the excuse to book ya...

Reminds me of that stupid booking he got fior diving and got sent off. This is his third red (if you include the ban he got earlier this season)

he is a bit of a muppet will he ever learn? :rolleyes:

I see the talent.....but not a fan of his overall game.

his age is on his side, but some of this adverse news, is reflective of his personality it's a bit predictable to be honest.....another Lee Hendrie, for me.

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The second foul wasn't a yellow if you just look at the tackle.

What made it a yellow was it was completely cynical. 

Lichaj was away to launch an attack and Jack knew exactly what he was doing.

That's one hypothesis. The other is that it wasn't a yellow, which is what I was getting at. Referee's shouldn't be making a game changing judgement based on what they think might have been going through the players head at the time, but it seems to be the only thing they do judge decisions on at this level. 

If it was the other way round and it was one of theirs on the receiving end I still would have said it was harsh FWIW.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It wasn't a dive. 

Yeah, revisionism. That sending off against Baggies was a disgrace. (I should clarify as Demitris post is cut out of the quote, I mean the decision was a disgrace and it wasn't a dive)

I think all the calls to sell are a complete joke. We don't need to make a quick buck by selling him, you persist with his development and stop putting so much pressure on his shoulders. If he wants it, he'll make it. If he doesn't, fine.

I think fans need to stop trying to think too much about his future or trying to manage him and just enjoy it when he plays and does something good. I'm sick of reading fans basically foaming at the mouth tearing our players apart. 

Edited by a m ole

Â