The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He'll basically be like Mahrez, former PFA Player of the Year, just another player there like Bernardo, Sterling etc. The only true stars of the team ironically is De Bruyne who doesn't seem interested in any of the fanfare, and the homegrown talent Foden. Everyone else are just pieces.

Said this all along. Mahrez was unbelievable at Leicester then just became another player at City. Our fans would get angry when I used to say this.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He'll basically be like Mahrez, former PFA Player of the Year, just another player there like Bernardo, Sterling etc. The only true stars of the team ironically is De Bruyne who doesn't seem interested in any of the fanfare, and the homegrown talent Foden. Everyone else are just pieces.

Yes, just part of a jigsaw, plain and simple.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How he get on? 

Im not going to jump on the bandwagon of he ain’t as good as people think he is because I’ve been saying it for years but would get attacked by our fans. 

He was ok . Looked comfortable on the ball and worked well in tight spaces with some nice passes . 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Said this all along. Mahrez was unbelievable at Leicester then just became another player at City. Our fans would get angry when I used to say this.

What’s the problem with that though? Being a star player in a lesser team then going to a world class team to be part of that team. I think too many are thinking he thinks he’s going there to be the main man , when that isn’t the case at all. They spent 100m on him because they can. It’s pennies for them. We were too reliant on him , but that won’t be the case at city and I can’t see that being a problem for him. 

• Like 2

i just think when pep coaches him to be like a man city player he wont be the £100 player we all know and man city could have bought another player to do what jack will do after being coached…………..real shame this but ……………his decision 

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Does he think he’ll become a superstar ? From what I’ve seen and read he’s in awe. He seems grounded enough not to think he’s going to be the main man at city . The team is littered with main men. He’s not going there to bang in 20 goals a season . He’s going there to be part of a team that wins major honours regularly. Talisman is often directed at players who play for lesser teams which was the case when he was at villa . He’s playing with the big boys now.

It’s simply an opinion I hold but he had outgrown Villa if you will. The adulation he was getting during the Euros, despite only playing a minor part, would have had a massive influence on him. As you say he’s playing with the big boys now, so can he deal with that. The soap opera continues..

6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Still love grealish the player - that's not going to change

Still find grealish the character fairly charming and interesting

Hate the decision he has made (but can see the arguments for doing it)

Hate and despise man city and hope they win nothing and they go inter Milans direction at some point. 

Hate and despise the system for allowing city to get away with it. 

Spot on, feeling the same.

• Like 1

Feels bad to say and I know it's very early days, but he'd have been a nailed on superstar if he went to United. Used to hate it when United fans were saying last year "he's a United player in a Villa shirt" and "Fergie would have moved heaven and earth to sign him" as I couldn't picture him outside Villa, but they were right. If he wanted to be the Brummie Becks, the red half of Manchester was the place to go. They don't need him though as they have Rashford and Bruno, and RW was a more pressing position.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Won't get a sniff.

Mahrez and Sterling will start no doubt.

And when KDB and Foden returns from injury I can't see him getting a game

Nonsense they are not going to pay £100 million for a player and not pick him 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I wonder if fans of the ‘smaller’ clubs are fed up of seeing players continually having their heads turned by stupid amounts of money?

Grealish is the latest in a long line of players who leave perfectly good clubs, on perfectly good money to chase the ‘dream’ of playing champions league football. 

He’s not the first and won’t be the last..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What’s the problem with that though? Being a star player in a lesser team then going to a world class team to be part of that team. I think too many are thinking he thinks he’s going there to be the main man , when that isn’t the case at all. They spent 100m on him because they can. It’s pennies for them. We were too reliant on him , but that won’t be the case at city and I can’t see that being a problem for him. 

You don’t spend a 100m on a player for him to be just another squad player. I don’t care who you are. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You don’t spend a 100m on a player for him to be just another squad player. I don’t care who you are. 

I agree . They have spent 100m on him to be starting more often than not, not to be an impact player by coming off the bench with 20 mins to go. Rotation is also important when you are going for the league title, champions league and then you have the domestic cups which will be just viewed as an added bonus should they win them. 

• Like 1

Â