The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Two points;

1.If this is 'fine', then surely non of you would object if tomorrow we had pictures of every individual member of the squad like this

2. Isn't he a face and a reflection of Aston Villa football club? I always thought that Ballotelli gave a bad name to man city, and they should be ashamed to have had him on the books. Is this as bad? No. But he is definitely a face for our club.

Further, isn't Grealish a role model for kids now? There are 12-15 year olds who follow Villa religiously and have twitter, is this the kind of example they need?

That that be a lesson to the kids, don't go on holiday as a young adult, don't have a drink, don't have fun.

Sit inside and watch Eastenders until the day you die.

That'll learn 'em

Because the only possible way to enjoy yourself and have a drink is to end up passed out in the middle of a road. 

Of course, of course.

Two points;

1.If this is 'fine', then surely non of you would object if tomorrow we had pictures of every individual member of the squad like this

2. Isn't he a face and a reflection of Aston Villa football club? I always thought that Ballotelli gave a bad name to man city, and they should be ashamed to have had him on the books. Is this as bad? No. But he is definitely a face for our club.

Further, isn't Grealish a role model for kids now? There are 12-15 year olds who follow Villa religiously and have twitter, is this the kind of example they need?

That that be a lesson to the kids, don't go on holiday as a young adult, don't have a drink, don't have fun.

Sit inside and watch Eastenders until the day you die.

That'll learn 'em

Because the only possible way to enjoy yourself and have a drink is to end up passed out in the middle of a road. 

Of course, of course.

Each to their own.

Two points;

1. Yep. They're allowed to have a holiday - I get pissed on my holidays. I doubt my boss nor the local populace cares. 

2. You are right he's a marketable commodity as far as Villa are concerned but it absolutely cannot be argued that this negatively affects the club's image because it doesn't. 

3. Yes - he has the potential to be a positive influence on the nations youth - but any 12-15 year old going out and getting battered cannot blame Grealish for their actions. Just like anyone shagging 50 year old prozzies can't blame Rooney, or shagging their mates girlfriend can't blame Terry. Rapists can't blame Marlon King or Ched Evans. Why? Because personal responsibility exists. 

Two points;

1) yes thats fine. theyre on their holidays..why should i care?,,,

2) hes a kid who wouldnt get noticed at all. again. who cares.

So "unnoticed" that it's made the papers.  Yeah, ok...

more to do with level of journalism these days

Two points;

1) yes thats fine. theyre on their holidays..why should i care?,,,

2) hes a kid who wouldnt get noticed at all. again. who cares.

So "unnoticed" that it's made the papers.  Yeah, ok...

bet less than 0.001% of people knew who he was when he was on holiday. It only made the papers because idiots think its a story. i bet if you saw that picture randomly you wouldnt know it was him

Edited by gharperr

How is being so drunk that your passed out in the MOR fun? Hopefully this is a one off and doesn't happen again.

Some of the best times we had in our younger years involve stories of one or all of us getting absolutely bladdered.

I once slept in a neighbours front garden.

If this doesn't hurt the clubs image, why do Aston Villa react to it? They know that this shit is not on. They are his employers, and they are professional marketing experts.

• Like 2

The club are protecting the image of themselves. He represents Aston Villa Football Club at ALL times.

No different to Wenger saying the same about Wilshere with his "incidents".

Don't see why are people are getting worked about it. The statement was the RIGHT thing to do.

• Like 1

Just to add, What if he gets so drunk that he injures himself quite badly? The club have a right to let him know they are not happy as they pay him a substantial amount of money to maintain his level of fitness and play football.

• Like 2

Just to add, What if he gets so drunk that he injures himself quite badly? The club have a right to let him know they are not happy as they pay him a substantial amount of money to maintain his level of fitness and play football.

Good point.

The club statement is just for their image. They know Grealish is just a 20 year old kid having fun like any other 20 year old kid. Obviously Grealish does have to be cautious and not get to carried away but I'm sure he knows that. I dont give a **** as long as he keeps playing like he has been.

I reckon 95% of footballers from the past 40-50 years must be relieved they played in a time when everybody on the planet wasn't carrying a camera.

Don't think they cared, half of them played pissed anyway.

Â