The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Aaaand now the club statement has made top story and breaking news on the BBC website.  What a load of old bollocks.  The path this story has taken is so pathetically predictable.

• Like 4

It doesn't matter what job you have, the people you represent don't want painting in a bad light and it is wrong to do so.

The problem footballers have is that it's much easier to be caught out than say the likes of ourselves given their fame.

But tough shit imo, they earn an extortionate wage and it comes with the role.

Just to add, What if he gets so drunk that he injures himself quite badly? The club have a right to let him know they are not happy as they pay him a substantial amount of money to maintain his level of fitness and play football.

Good point.

No drinking, no driving in the fast lane, no crossing the road without a guardian, no running with scissors, no boming in the pool, no answering doors to strangers.

Aaaand now the club statement has made top story and breaking news on the BBC website.  What a load of old bollocks.  The path this story has taken is so pathetically predictable.

You know what avoids everything?

Jack Grealish doesn't do this.  So simple!

How is being so drunk that your passed out in the MOR fun? Hopefully this is a one off and doesn't happen again.

Some of the best times we had in our younger years involve stories of one or all of us getting absolutely bladdered.

I once slept in a neighbours front garden.

As a Premier league footballer Grealish is meant to be one of the top athletes in the country. Not a good advert for Aston Villa FC, at all.

He is 19. What did you do when you were 19?

I have no problem and frankly don't care what players get up to in their private lives however when it has gone public whether it's his fault or not the club have a duty to ensure the image remains intact and that it acts professionally. The statement is hardly anything serious he will probably be asked what happened and to be careful in the future. For me I care about the club more than I do Grealish' private life in this instance hence for me the right action was taken with the statement both the club and player can move on from this.

Yeah "don't be 19".  Unfortunately we have to be normal at some point.  Bubble wrap would be impractical.  That's where the sanctimony breaks down.  It's easy to take the moral high ground on a story like this whilst refusing to accept that people aren't perfect; that they should measure up to a standard that most commenters themselves wouldn't measure up to.

I dont get why people keep linking this to image of AVFc. like what do you think is going to happen? Sponsors pull out because someone got drunk on their holidays? ST alcoholics stop coming to villa because they think its associated with drinking? Nothing will happen because of this story. get a grip. Congratulations to the people who have got annoyed at grealish doing this. You are exactly why newspapers print this absolute shit and why its a story.

Edited by gharperr

Teenagers will always drink too much. No issue with that. Problem here is he was left by himself and ended up asleep on a road. That's dangerous for anyone, regardless if they're a pro footballer. Brother and his pals should know better.

In regards to the girl, shows how scummy people are. Maybe help him up instead of getting your camera out.

• Like 1

Well i personally think his behaviour is a disgrace and he is only getting a smoother ride on here because it's new great white hope Jack Grealish,  if it was Joe Bennett or if Isaiah Osbourne (when he was with us) then the reaction would be different

Appalling behaviour is appalling behaviour doesnt matter who is doing it and this is appalling behaviour.  If it was a one off then the reaction may be tempered,  he has been told before about his behaviour.

• Like 1

Grealish is a Professional Footballer paid a lot of cash representing AVFC. 

He has a very fortunate career & lifestyle ahead of him.  

Quite simply... he should not be doing this. 

• Like 1

Yeah "don't be 19".  Unfortunately we have to be normal at some point.  Bubble wrap would be impractical.  That's where the sanctimony breaks down.  It's easy to take the moral high ground on a story like this whilst refusing to accept that people aren't perfect; that they should measure up to a standard that most commenters themselves wouldn't measure up to.

Do you realise that being 19 doesn't automatically mean you get this drunk?

Further, do you realise that being a professional footballer puts you somewhat in the public limelight?

It's easy to take the moral high ground, sure.  Unfortunately, it appears it's not so easy for Jack to behave responsibly.  He's already been publically warned by the club and Sherwood over that nonsense legal high stuff - and now this.  It looks like he's mugging the club off, irrespective of whether or not it's a "big deal" in the grand scheme of things.

If this wasn't a Villa player, we'd all be saying he's been a bit of a dick here.

• Like 1

I dont get why people keep linking this to image of AVFc. like what do you think is going to happen? Sponsors pull out because someone got drunk on their holidays? ST alcoholics stop coming to villa because they think its associated with drinking? Nothing will happen because of this story. get a grip. Congratulations to the people who have got annoyed at grealish doing this. You are exactly why newspapers print this absolute shit and why its a story.

I think it will hinder the chances of Jack becoming a top top player. Not the picture itself but the fact that he clearly likes a drink.

Only a handful of players have ever been good enough to act like that and play at the very top level and even then you're left wondering what if they were clean?

Jack unfortunately is not that good.

Â