The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

I'd have been happier if he left when we were rock bottom I could 100% accept it, but would 1 more year with us currently propelling forward derail his trophy hunt.

This is where a lot of the anger comes from, and why if he'd stuck around for another year and we had another season middling mid-table season like the last one there wouldn't be anywhere near as much venom if he left.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Final bit it’s north of £300k p/w

This type of salary isn't sustainable. Ultimately it'll be the fans who get hit with higher ticket prices etc. It's not just a Man City issue either. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Man City are just a horrible horrible club aren't they.  I've said countless times, De-Bruyne, Marez, Foden, Bernado, Sterling, Gundogan, Torres, Rodri. THEY DON'T EVEN NEED HIM!!!

It's the Bayern ethos of just taking the other teams' best players just in case. Don't want them getting any big ideas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jones1328 said:

This type of salary isn't sustainable. Ultimately it'll be the fans who get hit with higher ticket prices etc. It's not just a Man City issue either. 

£1.2m a month. Obscene.

Just now, olivevilla said:

I'm curious how others will feel if he comes back near the end - let's say a 30-something year old JG with a few CL medals at home.  Would you take him back or tell him to piss off?  

His shins will be dust by then so no.

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

honest...i support villa and watch every game but other than that im so disinterested with football now that yeah i kind ask that myself

as im just sat here thinking about it and if we can win the league what we would need to do, i know that we finished 11th last season, i kind of know who finished above us but i don't know the order of them, i dont know who finished 10th, i of course know the top 4 because its the same every **** year, i dont know who finished 12th in the place below us, i have no interest in the PL

I was fortunate enough to have a season ticket when we won the League, I was fortunate enough to see my beloved Villa lift Europes biggest Prize ( something Man City can only dream of, even with their untold wealth) but the buzz for me is seeing progress.

Jack coming along has been great, for once a stand out player to come through the ranks not seen since Gary shaw and Brian Little days......but to see the clear progress being achieved (from the dark days) promotion and the FA Youth Cup, the academy which is buzzing, fills me with hope, I have long felt, we was aone man team, but kept my own counsel in fear of appearing ungrateful....Jack has given us all untold satisfaction in his superb play......but I want a team, I want my Villa Back and gradually, I can see it coming back.

I am still keen to see us strengthen centre midfield, I think its a clear weak spot.....That done, I think we can surprise a few, with out Jack.....but in order to keep players, we need to be constantly improving.

Its this incremental improvement that keeps me going.....from 1960 to now and just got my new season card.

I have never had rose tinted glasses and can see our warts 'n all, very clear......but I think we will go on from strength to strength, just sad Jack couldn't do it with us.

• Like 4

Just now, olivevilla said:

I'm curious how others will feel if he comes back near the end - let's say a 30-something year old JG with a few CL medals at home.  Would you take him back or tell him to piss off?  

he wont come back here after all of this i think thats it now.

1 minute ago, olivevilla said:

We've already done a test drive of that scenario this summer. Probably the former.

He can piss off.

• Like 1

I never thought I'd welcome Young back, but here we are and it's nice to have him back. Not sure what state Grealish will be in in five years though, let alone when he's 36. 

42 minutes ago, philthevillan said:

Ffs does this mean I might have to delete all posts suggesting his love for Villa is tarnished? 

I wouldn't. 

I think he'll go. But I was told today that as of last night it was still 50/50 and he still had to speak to the owners which would indicate that as of last night nothing was finalised. I was also told that meeting wasn't yet which was the most interesting thing, because if true this saga has a couple of days more to run and the media are jumping the gun. 

How much has changed or escalated today I'm not sure but funny how it isn't playing out quite like the media are reporting and he keeps landing in Manchester, without actually landing?  

Whether anything has been agreed or not this club is all he has ever known. That's a monumental thing to walk away from.

Just now, hippo said:

£1.2m a month. Obscene.

That would have been part of the reason, I don't care what people say. He's living the dream, wants to be the rockstar, just see how he lives, the party lifestyle. He wants all the flash, defo wants to be one of the big ballers.

Just now, HKP90 said:

Financial **** Fair Play. 

Prem will be like the Scottish league soon.

part of the problem is sky and the media

you'll tune in to say spurs first game of the season (well i **** wont...) and i can guarantee it they will drop some sort of notion in there that spurs are contending for the title let alone top 4 and CL, they will talk about what nuno can do this year to make it click, i'll definitely guarantee that they'll talk them up as this european bollocks favourites

they'll then do the same for leicester, even everton and leeds for the CL

it already is the scottish league but it markets itself as this magical competition where the odds of teams winning is seemingly akin to buying a raffle ticket

right now there are 3 teams that can win the league, one of them has spent £1bn in 8 years and a further £150m to try and make it happen, one of them spent £200m last summer and want to spend another £100m on 1 player this summer and the 3rd won it last year and are now looking to spend £250m to retain it

its **** bullshit

• Like 2

That would have been part of the reason, I don't care what people say. He's living the dream, wants to be the rockstar, just see how he lives, the party lifestyle. He wants all the flash, defo wants to be one of the big ballers.

And he couldn't do that on £140k PW ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

This is where a lot of the anger comes from, and why if he'd stuck around for another year and we had another season middling mid-table season like the last one there wouldn't be anywhere near as much venom if he left.

Jack's burnt his bridges now this love affair is over for him, large amount of fans will not forgive him for this.

It's the most high profile player Aston Villa have lost from those big names in the past and what's made it harder to accept is " He's meant to be one of us"

Surely his advisors could of said Jack 1 more year and you will know if villa are heading further on the right direction and like you said if we go backwards his move absolutely would have alot less venom and hatred.

He did say if he wasn’t a footballer he’d be a club promoter in the Med somewhere. It’s not enough to be the biggest earner in Villa’s history it seems.  

• Like 1

Â