The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The investigation into $hitty can't come fast enough. It's quite possible this transfer was funded by their continuous rorting.

If or when it comes to light, and they receive their punishments for it, it won't mean jot. Jack would still be gone, and we would have lost momentum in our progress in rebuilding this great club. 

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

Probably not, aren't a lot of players social accounts run by paid people at this point?

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

he's made worst decisions in the last year...

its just marketing spiel, it meant nothing when he said it and it means nothing now, same as if he signs for man city and wheels out some party line from them it'll mean nothing

But my point is, he knew full well he wanted to leave last summer and yet he allowed all that tripe to be posted, hence getting the fans hopes up etc.

Just shows how much he cares really. Shows how Villa through and through he is.

If Grealish doesn’t believe that Villa would be good enough to compete for trophies then we don’t want him anyway. We only want people at the club who believe and are committed to making it happen. 

Say what you like about Grealish being a Villa boy, but he’s given up on his boyhood club because he wants instant success with City. For me all the talk about Villa being his club and his home rings quite hollow. 

That said there will still be 11 men wearing the lion rampant on their shirt and they will always have our full support, no matter who they are. 

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. We hail players like Alan Hutton as heroes because they're here for a while and are too shit for anyone to buy them. So we get rid of them when we want so the fans don't care.

Grealish has been at the club for 20 odd years. Academy graduate, captained us to promotion, kept us up, stabilised us in the league, became THE superstar of English football and is leaving us for a British record transfer.

I'm absolutely gutted he's going. But how people can begrudge him the move is beyond me. He's far too good for us and he could have left any time over the past 5 years if he'd really wanted to.

He's paid back every penny of the wages we've given him through performances and now a massive transfer fee

Bang on.

As I said before, it's just massively disappointing timing-wise - but completely understandable at the same time.  Once in a lifetime move.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He's also an elite level professional footballer that wants to go to the next level. What's so wrong with that ?

Will you just stop with this. Villa have ambitions to be at that level. We are elite in every other way. All he has to do is give it another year or 2, then see.

It's also exactly what he said he would do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

You just gotta wonder how true all this stuff is. Not one report has said the bid has been accepted…. They all say close to agreeing.

YET

Supposedly Jacks in Manchester for a medical today, I know journalists make up crap based on educated guesses, but when neither club has confirmed the offers been accepted, how can they come up with this stuff

I live in hope it’s al BS but if he does move I’m sure we will already have eyes on the next “Jack Grealish” 

I know.  Like Talksport on Twitter said Jack’s in Manchester then said 7 minutes later in the next tweet that Jack will make his way up to Manchester today.

Surely somebody has eyes on where he is at the moment.  It’s midday so I assume somebody does.  We’d normally be seeing dodgy iPhone camera shots of him walking in a building in Manchester or at Villa training but we have nothing.

Edited by nick76

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

You just gotta wonder how true all this stuff is. Not one report has said the bid has been accepted…. They all say close to agreeing.

YET

Supposedly Jacks in Manchester for a medical today, I know journalists make up crap based on educated guesses, but when neither club has confirmed the offers been accepted, how can they come up with this stuff

I live in hope it’s al BS but if he does move I’m sure we will already have eyes on the next “Jack Grealish” 

You're sticking your head in the sand mate. I get the desire to be positive but a few on here have gone to extreme lengths to ignore the common sense that was unfolding before us. 

It's over. It's only a matter of time until its official. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Nothing saying stuff like players such as Totti is his fave player because they are one club legends then **** off 10 days before the season is.

But this was always the time frame, we all knew this. He literally joined up with England days after we played Chelsea. Away for a month. 3 weeks holidays. Back Monday and it's accelerating. Jesus Christ like, people acting like Grealish stole their Xmas presents.

2 minutes ago, Chine said:

With our wealthy owners willing to invest and our superb academy we could invest and produce more quality than goes out the door 

We have no evidence to suggests this will happen. All we can see if constantly losing our better players, again as history suggests 

I’m gutted but not surprised. How the game is nowadays 

We need to move on and invest the money wisely. Leicester have been in a similar situation with players and have pushed on and brought well. 

Cheers jack and all that but a legend at the club? Nah 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. We hail players like Alan Hutton as heroes because they're here for a while and are too shit for anyone to buy them. So we get rid of them when we want so the fans don't care. When players are actually good enough to be signed by elite clubs we give them shit because we want them to stay.

Grealish has been at the club for 20 odd years. Academy graduate, captained us to promotion, kept us up, stabilised us in the league, became THE superstar of English football and is leaving us for a British record transfer.

I'm absolutely gutted he's going. But how people can begrudge him the move is beyond me. He's far too good for us and he could have left any time over the past 5 years if he'd really wanted to.

He's paid back every penny of the wages we've given him through performances and now a massive transfer fee

It's understandable but at the same time I hope he flops. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I know.  Like Talksport on Twitter said Jack’s in Manchester then said 7 minutes later in the next tweet that Jack will make his way up to Manchester today.

Surely somebody has eyes on where he is at the moment.  It’s midday so I assume somebody does.

Mate let it go. Too many people who had previously said he may stay have said it's done.

He gone.NEXT

• Like 1

As long as we spend the money wisely, it won’t be the massive blow it currently seems.

I don’t begrudge him the move with the opportunity to test himself against teams in Europe, but if he was to go, I’d rather he went to Chelsea

I have no interest in watching Manchester City, it’s just soulless football, so I’ll only be interested in him as an England player.

Personally, I’m sad because I don’t remember seeing another Villa player like him in 50 years down at VP, and probably never will again.

This is a really big test for us in terms of recruitment and integration of new players and I expect that we will rise to that.

Unfortunately we have no choice but to become expert in this respect, because while that Champions League remains a closed shop, we are going to experience this sort of thing with the likes of Watkins and Martinez in the future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Sad times when this thread gets moved to other football ☹️

Thanks to the LOVELY people in the moderating team, we already know what that feels like ;) 

Spoiler

It feels awful. 

• Haha 1

Â