The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Normally I'd agree with you but the bloke bleeds claret and blue. This just hits different.

He's also an elite level professional footballer that wants to go to the next level. What's so wrong with that ?

1 minute ago, mickjacobjr said:

He should turn off all his comments when he posts his  leaving message on social media think he will get a fair back lash his legend status dies today 

I think he should just not bother as all we need to reply with is his words less than a year ago.

I’m over it. If he doesn’t want to be here then I’d sooner he left than continued to pretend to be Mr Aston Villa.

I just hope his first month’s wages are spent refunding every fan that got his name on their shirt.

Just now, Johnnyp said:

He's also an elite level professional footballer that wants to go to the next level. What's so wrong with that ?

I think the issue is that we've been progressing season on season with ambitious owners - he could make a crack at going on to the next level here but apparently doesn't fancy it.

37 minutes ago, May-Z said:

So, if/when he leaves, who is he on a par with in terms of Villa status? Someone like Merson or Ashley Young? 

Did Benteke arguably have a similar impact?

I think Mellberg, Taylor, even Barry are a couple of legend rungs ahead.

He's ahead of all of them.

He's being punished for being good by Villa fans now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Never thought i'd feel as gutted as i do to be fair.

I can't help but feel betrayed and a bit sick.

Will obviously get over it, but without sounding dramatic, feels a bit " empty ".

This is a HUGE blow, and should have been done ages ago, if it was on the cards.

Our whole pre season prep will have been messed up, morale toyed with.

After some progress, we might now have to go through another season of transition.

It might galvanise the lads though. I can't help but feel this might have been a dig...

This might actually be the incentive they needed to start the season well.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Cue the arrogant City fan on talkSPORT saying that we won’t win anything next season.

Never say never. We might win a cup, you never know.

Well that's hardly a startling claim as it over 25 years since we last did.

City used to be like before they press the cheat button.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Never thought i'd feel as gutted as i do to be fair.

I can't help but feel betrayed and a bit sick.

Will obviously get over it, but without sounding dramatic, feels a bit " empty ".

This is a HUGE blow, and should have been done ages ago, if it was on the cards.

Our whole pre season prep will have been messed up, morale toyed with.

After some progress, we might now have to go through another season of transition.

He's trained 2 days with us. I'd be worried if it was.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Are you my Mrs ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Nothing. I don't blame him for leaving but I understand people's frustrations.

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I think he should just not bother as all we need to reply with is his words less than a year ago.

I don’t think he should either cause everything that comes out of his mouth hard to believe now 

Â