The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

maybe if there is a delay on this if its actually on, maybe were trying to explore the avenues of adding a loan or player signing attached. cos if grealish is going in someones having there game time cut to accommodate him if pep really wants him, and maybe we've asked about a season loan for foden as jack might take his place or some of his games, so he can still develop and fill jacks space for a season in our team, or were trying to get Mahrez/ G.Jesus/ silva or being really audacious mr big head sterling involved via part exchange/transfer/ loan. 

2 minutes ago, a-k said:

The Milwaukee Bucks have three players on about double that. I don't think NSWE are thinking about the saving on his salary, unless it was purely for FFP, which seems non-existent a the moment.

I don't know the finer details I will admit. But we need to be a well run club. I'm not sure that £10m a season in wages alone couldn't be better spent.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's an understatement. Was like a petulant child

He really didn’t like being on the bench in the euro final either was at the game and he was just warming up staring at Southgate, then decided to sit down for 10 minutes and then Southgate brought him with no warm up was weird

Just now, Hobbit Feet said:

He really didn’t like being on the bench in the euro final either was at the game and he was just warming up staring at Southgate, then decided to sit down for 10 minutes and then Southgate brought him with no warm up was weird

Although I think Jack should have played more (and still believe that)

I think Southgate didn't want England to become the Jack Grealish show.

16 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Every time in the past we have sold a key player in our squad we have actually got worse during our “modern” PL time and eventually ended up relegated.. Young, Milner etc. More chance of us being close to relegation than winning the league in all honesty our record without Grealish is a cause of concern too. Most of the selling was under Lerner though, doesn’t bode well but let’s see what NSWE can do. 

That is what I am worried about but hopefully NWSE know what they are doing this time. We just need to model ourselves as a bigger version of Leicester.

Just now, hippo said:

Although I think Jack should have played more (and still believe that)

I think Southgate didn't want England to become the Jack Grealish show.

Just like we don't want Aston Villa to become the Jack Grealish show, I guess.

This time yesterday morning in general people seemed quite positive that he might be staying after training in public with the first team, seems there's been a total u turn in 24 hours based on not much at all, and I include myself in that as I feel like he's pretty much certain to go now, but I still wouldn't be surprised if there's another twist to come.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't know the finer details I will admit. But we need to be a well run club. I'm not sure that £10m a season in wages alone couldn't be better spent.

Plus how long before other players who have good seasons for us want higher wages like Jacks. We need to stick to a wage structure until we’re in a place to raise it. 

• Like 1

I can’t wait to see lads falling over themselves wishing him the best of luck when he walks out on the club he supporters I won’t be one of them hypocrites in my opinion he is worse than the last guy who went to City from us

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Plus how long before other players who have good seasons for us want higher wages like Jacks. We need to stick to a wage structure until we’re in a place to raise it. 

Yes - nail on head. 

• Like 1

IF he truly decides he want to leave this project now, then good riddance... I want him to stay for all the obvious reasons, one being that for once the narrative could be different. Regardless I can't belive its not resolved one way or the other by now and its pissing me off. This is probably the most exciting time I can remember to be a Villa fan and I just want to look forward to the season which is fast approaching without this stupid ongoing drama. 

So if our leader and talisman want to leave the Villa family now and instead opt for plastic life and easy bought medals with his dear idols Pep and kdb then so be it. He'll be just anotehr footballer walking the same old path, when a very different and unique story could be written. It would be very disapointing ofc but I'm getting very fatigued at this point. IF it happens,  thanks for the service and money you generated Jack, hope we'll reinvested well and make you deeply regret your move 

• Like 1

Craig Butler - "Jack Grealish is a ridiculously special player but I can't make the decisions for Aston Villa and Jack Grealish but Jack if you're watching work with Leon to fire Villa into the top 3." - last night on the live stream.

• Like 1

I think if Jack hasn't moved by Saturday then he probably signs a new deal and commits to playing for Villa for another season with a nice pay-rise. But I think it will get done before then. Man City have all the money in the world so will get it done one way or the other imo. Just got to hope they completely switch focus to Kane. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

So, with you so certain that the deal is agreed and Jack is going ill ask again, how much have you bet on him joining Man City and what odds did you get? I mean, with such information that is free money to be made, right? 

A couple of hundred £ on it, I’m not much of a gambler, i usually bet £10 if anything. I stick my money in investments 

2 hours ago, Awol said:

Pretty much every neutral I’ve seen wants him to stay at Villa and say no to Citeh. When he goes, that bit of his image - the cheeky but brilliant local boy who bleeds for his club - is gone. The loyalty IS the romance, without that he’s just another mercenary footballer and a lot of the sparkle comes off with it - imo. 

Spot on I’ve bastardised that and put it elsewhere absolutely on the money, it’s actually short sighted from them in terms of earning power, gone will be the days of Stormzy in a Grealish shirt

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think if Jack hasn't moved by Saturday then he probably signs a new deal and commits to playing for Villa for another season with a nice pay-rise. But I think it will get done before then. Man City have all the money in the world so will get it done one way or the other imo. Just got to hope they completely switch focus to Kane. 

It really needs be done by Friday or its off. We are wasting too much time on it though nobody on Villas end looks bothered or worried 

• Like 1

Â