The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

This thread should be a case study in psychology.
You’re behaving like imbalanced, hormonal teenagers with no sense of self control. Myself included.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:Grealish’s ambition has been to play for Villa and England.

And he has achieved both. I don’t begrudge him going to win some trophies and furthering his career.

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Dwight Yorke maybe?

Too far back for me to remember unfortunately. The only one I can think of is John Carew.

Even Harewood had something a bit original, although I'm pretty sure it was done for Yakubu too.

If any of the more confident people want to buy my bet off me I'm more than happy to take a loss. I haven't felt this pessimistic since when Benteke from nowhere and completely unexpectedly signed a new contract.

I feel those two sentences were a bit of a journey but sum up where my thoughts are on it all.

Sky said this at the start of his current contract:

"Grealish's new Villa contract contains a significant pay rise, compared with his existing deal which expired in 2023, and also contains a bigger buy-out clause than his previous contract."

Problem being, he didn't have one in his previous contract. So how can the clause possible be bigger if one didn't exist. A new one is therefore fundamentally lower if there wasn't one previously. Proves they know feck all, and were making it up.

I would be absolutely amazed if our owners agreed to a £100m buyout clause, and for that reason, I don't think he's leaving. I also have serious doubts about our owners if they let him go for anything less than 150m. His value is more to us than it is to City, and we have a 4 year contract contract him. 

Not forgetting that Pep himself said this in 2019, when he had a so called lower release clause according to know nothing sky(bet)  : 

“He [Grealish] is an incredible, incredible player  ... He’s an exceptional player but too expensive for Manchester City!”

1 minute ago, Annoyman said:

Villatalk now in danger of all out civil war between the bedwetters and the guys who stuck the house on Grealish staying because they drank too much of the Trust The Project Kool-Aid is it

I am both of these tbh.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Wrong. Those guys were brought into the club as professional footballers, no more, no less. Jack is a born and bred Brummie, with the Villa since he was six. His whole family are Villa through and through. His great grandfather was a Villa skipper. 

Matt le Tissier stayed at Saints in the face of accusations of lacking ambition. Well, his club was never going to get anywhere, so his loyalty was doubly laudable for me. But the 2021 Villa is very much on the up. It has never been better placed to go for glory in my long lifetime, let alone Jack's. THIS is the opportunity. Not selling out your roots to join a bunch of TV mercenaries and incurring the contempt of so many loyal Villa fans. Go, and you'll never be forgiven. Stay, and build a legend. 

I honestly unfortunately think it means very very little

Stay here and become a legend, be villas best ever player, maybe sneak a cup and CL qualification

Or go to City for a record transfer, win everything, work with the world's best manager in a team of the worlds best players and put yourself in the spotlight for best player in the world 

I think there's maybe a blinkered view as to what Man City are and what his career there would be, you can make it sound as negative as you want but it's a huge opportunity for anyone, which is why they've previously cherry picked pretty much any player that they want, they can put him on a platform in world football that we can't 

I still don't think he'll go because we won't accept the bid but if we did and it was us or them I think people have to be realistic as to how that will play out 

• Like 2

Just now, Rolta said:

If any of the more confident people want to buy my bet off me I'm more than happy to take a loss. I haven't felt this pessimistic since when Benteke from nowhere and completely unexpectedly signed a new contract.

I feel those two sentences were a bit of a journey but sum up where my thoughts are on it all.

How much is it and for what odds?

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Why are ppl feeling more inclined that he's leaving now? What have I missed?

Some dude called Sam Lee on twitter that is a Man City reporter thinks it's all done apart from signing the contract and has been the same for some time, just needs Jack to decide.  Apparently Sam Lee is also having a break down on twitter explaining himself over and over.  So no change to the usual BS floating around.

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

How much is it and for what odds?

I regret that I bet £200. £60 at 2.0 and £140 at 2.2.

This year I also invested in crypto about an hour before Musk and China crashed the market.

• Sad 1

This chat of JG to citeh os a load of shoite, my opinion is this , have the NSWE / purslow crew shown they mean business since they took over ? 
Yes ! They have been everything we wanted in leadership , we don’t and won’t get bummed anymore ! If he wants to go , get the top money and let him go ! We are Aston Villa we will move on ffs

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Sky said this at the start of his current contract:

"Grealish's new Villa contract contains a significant pay rise, compared with his existing deal which expired in 2023, and also contains a bigger buy-out clause than his previous contract."

Problem being, he didn't have one in his previous contract. So how can the clause possible be bigger if one didn't exist. A new one is therefore fundamentally lower if there wasn't one previously. Proves they know feck all, and were making it up.

I would be absolutely amazed if our owners agreed to a £100m buyout clause, and for that reason, I don't think he's leaving. I also have serious doubts about our owners if they let him go for anything less than 150m. His value is more to us than it is to City, and we have a 4 year contract contract him. 

Not forgetting that Pep himself said this in 2019, when he had a so called lower release clause according to know nothing sky(bet)  : 

“He [Grealish] is an incredible, incredible player  ... He’s an exceptional player but too expensive for Manchester City!”

Prepare yourself to be amazed . 

I think Sam Lee has been too explicit about his sources and timeline to dismiss it as paper talk. Didn't Mourinho also comment at around the same time that Grealish knew where he was going to? Man City is definitely interested and Grealish is definitely considering his options. That makes me think there must be a release clause as we would not have got to this stage without city being confident of landing the player. Whether he goes through with it in the end is anybodies guess. 

• Like 1

If their is a release clause of 100m you have to give it context. Last year it was generally felt we would sell if someone offered c80. A couple of years ago Spurs just needed to stump up 20. I'm not sure we all saw such a rise this season from villa or Grealish. It says a lot that we would now feel disappointed at 100.

Fwiw I wouldn't sell for less than 200. I do think he will probably go though. I've heard many footballers worry that these chances don't present themselves again. If he doesn't go to city, they buy someone else 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I regret that I bet £200. £60 at 2.0 and £140 at 2.2.

This year I also invested in crypto about an hour before Musk and China crashed the market.

I'll have a think. Probably not though tbh.

I invested in crypto about 2 months before that, watched everything reach an all time high then crash back down again!

• Like 1

Â