The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don’t believe that Jack will leave, but I do see the narrative changing from “he’s going nowhere”, to “he will still be here for this season”.

It’s like the story is being seeded that he’s off after this season. When in reality he’s got years left on his contract and might well be happy to stay and see us challenge near the top. 

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Buyout Clause/Gentlemans Agreement, whatever. I do think there is something agreed upon whereby if a club comes in, at a certain price, Jack will be allowed to make the decision. 

This year’s £100m is next years £120m in another couple of years that could be £200m. Setting future values is nearly impossible, which why I doubt there’s a buyout clause or any other set values. 

We don’t want to sell him and he doesn’t want to leave, so why set a value? If things change regarding our owners ambitions or financial clout then they change. However setting a value on something that may not happen or if it did would at an arbitrary time in the future is as pointless as it is bad business. 

11 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I don’t believe that Jack will leave, but I do see the narrative changing from “he’s going nowhere”, to “he will still be here for this season”.

It’s like the story is being seeded that he’s off after this season. When in reality he’s got years left on his contract and might well be happy to stay and see us challenge near the top. 

I think we may we’ll see him sign a new contract this time next year if we’ve made good progress again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That Jack was going nowhere.

Even if it’s just Preece it is worrying that’s what he deleted. Add that with the info Tomazk had in the Ward-Prowse thread, I’m not as calm as I was.

2 minutes ago, bose said:

Even if it’s just Preece it is worrying that’s what he deleted. Add that with the info Tomazk had in the Ward-Prowse thread, I’m not as calm as I was.

But in the tweet he recently issued addressing it, he basically says the same thing.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But in the tweet he recently issued addressing it, he basically says the same thing.

I don’t get the guy. So basically he knows nothing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

His bosses will have told him to take it down for the clicks. 

I honestly don't know why you're all flapping, there's **** all any of us can do about it regardless. I don't think he's going anywhere, but what will be will be. 

Exactly, he is costing them suspense and speculation clicks by removing doubt. lol

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

His bosses will have told him to take it down for the clicks. 

I honestly don't know why you're all flapping, there's **** all any of us can do about it regardless. I don't think he's going anywhere, but what will be will be. 

Normally I’m not that invested in rumours about players leaving but it’s Jack ffs! Can’t help it.
Buy yeah of course we’ll just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Preece doesn't know anything. 

I'm sure AVFC are planning to build around Grealish but I'm also fairly confident he'll have a buyout clause in his contract. Personally, I think Man City will activate that clause. 

Purslow has stated we don't do buyout clauses. We would be idiots if we did especially for Jack. 

18 minutes ago, bose said:

He made a new tweet. Saying he deleted his previous tweet because it was fathers day and unprofessional. 

I'm fine with a buyout clause as long as it's something insane, like £200,000,000+

A high buyout clause actually helps us, because it stops clubs like Man City from tapping up our players and trying to get them to force a move. If anyone asks we just shrug our shoulders and tap on the eye watering buyout clause sign.

If someone is willing to pay that we have an insane amount to reinvest. 

I just cannot see Jack signing that contract last summer without a buyout.

I'm sure he wouldn't have minded but his agent will have laid out clearly what could happen with owners this rich if he signs one without it.

What I'm less sure of than it/something similar existing is that City will meet it for a man with seemingly 'dodgy' shins.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If there's a buyout clause in jack's contract and it's less than £200m the club have sold themselves short.

Or possibly he wouldn't have signed a new contract last year if there was no clause and then left?

Â