The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm sure you people would find  a way to complain even if England win the Euro's just because your boy didn't play every single minute of every single game.

Get over your bias and get behind your team.

Jack will get plenty of minutes. Just got to make sure he takes it when given the opportunity

It isn't my team. I do not care about international football outside of villa players or the most entertaining team to watch. If England has neither then I'll just watch Spain or Portugal. 

50 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The worst thing that could happen to England is we sludge to a QF/SF again... because Southgate will keep his job.

I promise you, there's zero chance of that happening, playing like today. 

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm sure you people would find  a way to complain even if England win the Euro's just because your boy didn't play every single minute of every single game.

Jack will get plenty of minutes. Just got to make sure he takes it when given the opportunity

1) "You people" is really not a great way to open an argument in any scenario.

2) "Your team" assumes we are all English, which we aren't. Plenty of English here also don't have any love for their national team. Regardless why should anyone blindly support a shit manager and his efforts to spoil a golden generation of English footballers?

3) Jack has earned the opportunity already. He doesn't have anything to prove to anyone, certainly not that waistcoat-wearing wally.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Your boy? 
Kalvin Phillips being yours?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think this is garbage. You can win and not play well. England beating Croatia is great, but I want England to win the tournament. Despite the win, i'm now less confident that we can do that. Being critical of a performance doesn't make you less of a fan.

"Played very well", christ. We had 2 shots on target. If that's playing very well for England, it'll be a short tournament for us.

Villa fans like Jack because he's one of our own, but we also think he'll give us a much better chance of winning the tournament if he's on the pitch.

I said in the match thread that if that without that goal, which really came out of nowhere, the performance would have been looked at very differently. 

I am of course glad we won but I didn't think England played well at all. For much of it we looked completely lacking in creativity and other than hitting the woodwork early never actually looked like scoring. Croatia were pretty poor and offered nothing. 

All the commentators and press are lapping it up because we won,   but it was usual England, scrape by any poor team but we play like that against a good team and we'll be left wanting. 

We are going to need Jack Grealish I'm totally convinced. Before we scored the crowd were calling for him.

Yet it's currently about a good performance and didn't Sterling play well. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I said in the match thread that if that without that goal, which really came out of nowhere, the performance would have been looked at very differently. 

I am of course glad we won but I didn't think England played well at all. For much of it we looked completely lacking in creativity and other than hitting the woodwork early never actually looked like scoring. Croatia were pretty poor and offered nothing. 

All the commentators and press are lapping it up because we won,   but it was usual England, scrape by any poor team but we play like that against a good team and we'll be left wanting. 

We are going to need Jack Grealish I'm totally convinced. Before we scored the crowd were calling for him.

Yet it's currently about a good performance and didn't Sterling play well. 

I said to my missus.

We will play rubbish, if we drew or lost the performance would be criticised.

however, I said that wouldn't happen as we would luck in to a goal and then everyone will be applauding the genius of southgate and completely ignoring the rubbish performance.

I'm open to crystal ball sessions if anyone needs needs their future reading....

• Like 2

To get through a ninety minute opening tournament match without giving Grealish any minutes you have to be an amazing team or be managed by a donut. I’ll let you guys decide which is applicable here. Grealish gets in every team in the world apart from the one that he qualifies for and so desperately needs him!

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

I said to my missus.

We will play rubbish, if we drew or lost the performance would be criticised.

however, I said that wouldn't happen as we would luck in to a goal and then everyone will be applauding the genius of southgate and completely ignoring the rubbish performance.

I'm open to crystal ball sessions if anyone needs needs their future reading....

This is so true. The English media is totally binary.

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Remind me of this when your on Smith and Traore’s back again!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

To get through a ninety minute opening tournament match without giving Grealish any minutes you have to be an amazing team or be managed by a donut. I’ll let you guys decide which is applicable here. Grealish gets in every team in the world apart from the one that he qualifies for and so desperately needs him!

donut GIF

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Grealish gets in every team in the world apart from the one that he qualifies for and so desperately needs him!

Hard to argue this when the team beats Croatia without him

• Confused 1

Sterling getting MOTM is just laughable 😂

Bloke can't weight a pass and has horrible shooting technique but he makes some decent runs! Surely we can ask for more from our starting winger ffs.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

Â