The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Could definitely see Grealish on the bench against Croatia, and if we’re losing then given 5 minutes at the end to dip his hands in the blood of Southgate’s failure.

If he doesn’t start and we lose then every fan in the country will be after waistcoat’s head, that is certain. 

The second things go wrong the fans will be singing for him and the post match conference will be a constant barrage about why he didn't start. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Predictable really. 

If only Southgate had the balls to play Grealish with Mount and Foden. 

It seems obvious to most that we should go with 4-2-3-1 formation with Kane as the spearhead, with Mount, Foden and Grealish interchanging behind. Then to satisfy Southgates defensive needs you have Rice and A.N. Other playing the 2 pivot roles in front of the back four. Then if you need a bit of extra pace you can bring in Rashford or Sterling against tiring defences or rotate. Or one of the pivot roles could be Mount alongside Rice and then one of the 3 behind Kane positions goes to one of the other squad players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The second things go wrong the fans will be singing for him and the post match conference will be a constant barrage about why he didn't start. 

At least we should have a decent manager in charge for the World Cup. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

They sending Southgate on a training course after the euros?? 

😉

‘Maybe if we taught him how to coach it might help?”

Wouldn’t put it past the FA. 

So the argument today on talksport Grealish doesn’t have the experience in big matches or cup final ect and Mount , Foden do, I don’t doubt for one minute that the other 2 have played against better opponents in high profile matches but Jack has been in multiple wembley finals one before we even knew who Foden and Mount were, progressing in a cup competition or knockout is the same regardless of level the game management in a playoff final when your 2-1 up with 10 mins to go is no different to a European cup final. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

So the argument today on talksport Grealish doesn’t have the experience in big matches or cup final ect and Mount , Foden do, I don’t doubt for one minute that the other 2 have played against better opponents in high profile matches but Jack has been in multiple wembley finals one before we even knew who Foden and Mount were, progressing in a cup competition or knockout is the same regardless of level the game management in a playoff final when your 2-1 up with 10 mins to go is no different to a European cup final. 

Well based on that Foden froze a bit in the CL final.  I am one of Foden’s biggest fans but if the above is the criteria then Foden failed at his last big outing (I think it was more Peps tactics for the game but that defeats my argument so I’ll ignore that 😜)

5 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I would absolutely agree with you if we had an England manager that wasn't a boring, drab, unimpressive Mr play-it-safe. 

I'm sure that Southgate will be playing five at the back so I expect to see a starting lineup that is something like this...

-------------------Pickford-----------------

------Walker----Stones----Coady----

Trippier----Rice----Henderson---Chilwell

--------------Foden-----Mount----------------

---------------------Kane--------------------

When it really should be..... 

----------------------Pickford------------------

Walker---Coady----Mings----Chilwell

-----------------Rice--------Phillips-----------

Foden-------------Mount---------Grealish

-----------------------Kane--------------------

Mount instead of Phillips and Sancho in the 3 behind Kane for some pace. 

19 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yeah sounds legit, don't give the guy experience playing in "big games" cos he doesn't have the experience playing in "big games". Sound logic right there. 

Edited by PieFacE

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah sounds legit, don't give the guy experience playing in "big games" cos he doesn't have the experience playing in "big games". Sound logic right there. 

He's played in 4 finals I'm pretty sure that is as many finals as any of the players for England except maybe Stirling.

And 2 of his finals are the most important games in world football. The most expensive worth 170 million.

In the first one he got a player sent off and another should have been sent off for stamping on his thigh. And in the 2nd one we dominated the game. 

Edited by MotoMkali

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Much prefer this take:

Not to mention that Grealish is not slow in the slightest. When was the last time Rashford burned Hector **** Bellerin?

Exactly what I was saying the other day, Kane needs to be told that he’s playing a number 9 role and stick to it. If he’s not then it’s Southgate’s job to make him or play someone who will. 

Unless of course, Southgate wants him dropping deep as it suits his fast runners overloading the full back tactics.

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The latest BS rumour about Jack and Man City comes from Football Insider - those idiots who said we’d be bidding upwards of £30-40m for Chris Wood. 

Football inside their head more like 

Jack Grealsh can be on Pepe Guardiola's wish list, so what.....he is on everyone elses too.

Jack is a Villa player and will remain so.

so journo's save your ink and follow worthwhile stories.

• Like 2

Â