The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, MrBlack said:

Assuming they're doing this after the euros,  there is no way they'd accept anything.  His value playing for us will massively outweigh any cash they can offer us, and I don't think they could afford much more than 100m anyway. We couldn't use that money to buy a replacement that is as good, and it sets our stall out as one of the also rans.

I think there will be a clause, its normal for any player, but I think it is going to be considerably higher than what someone is likely to be able to offer for him, and Jack isn't kicking up a fuss to move this season (or probably any season I'd have thought). All moot points really.  Jack's playing for us next season. 

I agree on all.....but you are not playing the game🧐

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Assuming they're doing this after the euros,  there is no way they'd accept anything.  His value playing for us will massively outweigh any cash they can offer us, and I don't think they could afford much more than 100m anyway. We couldn't use that money to buy a replacement that is as good, and it sets our stall out as one of the also rans.

I think there will be a clause, its normal for any player, but I think it is going to be considerably higher than what someone is likely to be able to offer for him, and Jack isn't kicking up a fuss to move this season (or probably any season I'd have thought). All moot points really.  Jack's playing for us next season. 

Jack is the catalyst, to our project....He is our recruiting Sargeant.

He won't be sold.

Just now, ender4 said:

I think that because he has potential persistent injury issues, that will put off any massive bids for him even if he does well in the euros.

Exactly, no one is spending £100-120 mill on a player that has to ice his shins after 70 minutes.

32 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Playing devils advocate now but if one of the Manchester clubs came in for grealish (and assuming there's no contractual clase) how much do you think the owners would actually demand?

image.gif.865c9498d18320ad2d612047aba7b5f7.gif

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Indigo said:

From the outside looking in (aka not being English) I find this narrative absolutely baffling. There seems to be this idea that Grealish and Foden are simply incapable of being direct or getting beyond the striker if he's to drop short. We've seen several Grealish goals this season alone come from him getting in behind the defence and capatalising on through balls from McGinn, even Saka's goal last night came courtesy of Grealish making a run into the box, and himself and Foden are two of the most direct players in the league in terms of progressive carries, carries into the box, etc.  It's bemusing to see, they are both incredible talents and if anything would compliment each other as much as anything else.

I too, don't see Grealish as the same as Foden or Mount.....They are more direct for me, slightly different...Phil is just fast, lacks the varying speed Jack adopts, its like all or nothing.

Jack draws players, he carries the ball better than most, and his slide rule passes, plays the direct players in. He arguably has the most gifted weighted passes of all his contemporaries...my first touch would look ok, receiving a ball from Jack.

I see Jack as a team mates dream, where he can play in tight areas and win fouls by giving the team a breather and gaining territory, to release pressure on the defence.....He can play that slow, quick slow game that baffles opponents.

I just worry about the stick levels he is now attracting, more than ever.

His sharpness, is just about to return....He could have a wonderful tournament....fitness permitting.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Unless we have a crazy good season, Jack should go next year. Probably with the blessing of the club and the majority of the fan base for a fair amount. 

He should be playing in Champions league finals, not in the European conference league (which is probably our aim next year) . 

Edited by pas5898
Rewording
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Unless we have a crazy good season, Jack should go next year. Probably with the blessing of the club and the majority of the fan base for a fair amount. 

He should be playing in Champions league finals, not in the European conference league (which is probably our aim next year) . 

I think you are under estimating where the player wants to be.

Jack Grealish, will not experience a feeling, mood ambience like the one he currently has , anywhere else.....He loves the club and the club love him......where else can you get that?....and furthermore he is in his beloved England team and has every fan in the country uttering his name.

There are some things in life Money can't buy and Happiness and contentment is one.

Jack is living his dream, like me and you would, if we had his talent....would I leave in the same circumstances, not with the plans our owners have, no.

Aston Villa have won the coveted prize....Man City, Spurs, Arsenal have not......who is to say we can't win it again, with our ambitions......"Would you bet against it"

Edited by TRO

13 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Lol....yawn....zzz

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is the kind of tripe that winds me up.

Are you a Jack Grealish fan, or a Villa fan?

Absolutely **** bizarre.

Not " I could see why he would want to go " or " He will probably go " but, he SHOULD go... wtf??!

Season ticket for 16 years. Went to every away game in the promotion season. But of course, because I think a player whose given his life to this club should move upwards if we don't, I'm clearly a man city fan. 

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you are under estimating where the player wants to be.

Jack Grealish, will not experience a feeling, mood ambience like the one he currently has , anywhere else.....He loves the club and the club love him......where else can you get that?....and furthermore he is in his beloved England team and has every fan in the country uttering his name.

There are some things in life Money can't buy and Happiness and contentment is one.

Jack is living his dream, like me and you would, if we had his talent....would I leave in the same circumstances, not with the plans our owners have, no.

Aston Villa have won the coveted prize....Man City, Spurs, Arsenal have not......who is to say we can't win it again, with our ambitions......"Would you bet against it"

I think that has what's kept him here so far, which is great. I also hope you are right. 

I do genuinely believe, when he's getting to 27/28 if we aren't at that level I believe he will go. 

5 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Season ticket for 16 years. Went to every away game in the promotion season. But of course, because I think a player whose given his life to this club should move upwards if we don't, I'm clearly a man city fan. 

I think that has what's kept him here so far, which is great. I also hope you are right. 

I do genuinely believe, when he's getting to 27/28 if we aren't at that level I believe he will go. 

" A player who has given his life to the club"

You make it sound as if we kidnapped him in Angola and he grew to love us eventually, against his own will.

He is 25 years old, you make it seem like he is 33 and deserves a final pay day.

The club has also GIVEN LIFE to Jack Grealish.

I don't care if you were born in the Centre Circle at VP, your view is bizarre and not conducive to wanting what is best for the club.

" Given his life " ... the dramatics.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â