The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, picicata said:

An average game from Jack. Still the best player on the pitch though.

His average is better than most players best. Seems to be between him and Foden for a starting place. 

Just now, PaulC said:

His average is better than most players best. Seems to be between him and Foden for a starting place. 

I think if Southgate could find a way to have both of them interchanging, and the right balance in the rest of the team, they could run defenses ragged,

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He was, legs looked battered and bruised as well.

He was but the interview he gave  does suggest it wasn't anything unusual and sounds to me like it is something he'll be doing forever more.  Managing his shins.  Much like God had to manage his knees for his career I guess...

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

100%. I wondered whether he struggled against weaker opposition. As in either he cant get up for the game as much and or doesnt put everything into it, because it's like playing a championship side. The only game he played for england similar to how he does for villa, was against Belgium. Which is like playing a top premier league team.

Like another poster alluded to, I think it might be him doing what Southgate wants explicitly. To the detriment of the team of course, but that’s because Southgate is a clueless, failed manager on every front. 

I actually believe, and I could be wrong, that he actually got a bit fed up in the Belgium game and decided to do what he does best for Villa - run the show. 

You’ve got to remember he’ll do anything to impress Southgate, and if that’s sticking to a certain position or doing whatever, he’ll do it. 

If we play Grealish, Foden and Mount behind Kane, only France will match us. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Perhaps... dunno but for me there's more than a few of them playing with too much fear. Nothing new really. Unnecessary pressure has always been England's biggest enemy. Southgate really doesn't help. He epitomizes fear and weakness. 

I agree we were a bit too negative and playing too many sideways and backwards passes but have to give Austria some credit as they were very physical and pressed well. We dithered with a ball a bit at times and didn't pass forward quick enough. I felt Jack should have had more of the ball but he doesn't always get the pass he wants. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

keep hearing pundits say things like "jack and foden can't play in the same team because they're too similar". now, am i being **** stupid, but why is this a problem?

so imagine in some dystopian universe, and you have messi and his exact clone in your squad, you have to leave one on the bench because you can't have 2 quality players on that are too similar? am i the only one that is sat there thinking "wtf are you on about?" when you hear a pundit say things like this?

When it is Eni Aluko, I ignore them and think, they'll play some great football together.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

When it is Eni Aluko, I ignore them and think, they'll play some great football together.

in her defence it's a common narrative that you hear from other pundits but i've never heard anyone explain why it's a problem. i think it's just one of those that everyone assumes to be correct but no one has been challeneged on.

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Like another poster alluded to, I think it might be him doing what Southgate wants explicitly. To the detriment of the team of course, but that’s because Southgate is a clueless, failed manager on every front. 

I actually believe, and I could be wrong, that he actually got a bit fed up in the Belgium game and decided to do what he does best for Villa - run the show. 

You’ve got to remember he’ll do anything to impress Southgate, and if that’s sticking to a certain position or doing whatever, he’ll do it. 

If we play Grealish, Foden and Mount behind Kane, only France will match us. 

I think we might have too many players who want the ball played to their feet instead of running in behind which why I dont think that will happen. 

So it's not shin splints but a stress injury. Does that mean that by playing through it he is at risk of it turning into a fracture? Bit worrying. He needs to be in the England squad but he also really needs to put his feet up for the summer.

• Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

---------------------------Kane---------------------------

Grealish-------------Mount----------------Foden

Simple.

Now don't get me wrong, Rashford, Sterling and Sancho are excellent players, but those three are better.

Anything else is just wrong.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

---------------------------Kane---------------------------

Grealish-------------Mount----------------Foden

Simple.

Now don't get me wrong, Rashford, Sterling and Sancho are excellent players, but those three are better.

this would get my vote. but not in a month of sundays does southgate leave both sterling and rashford on the bench

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

So it's not shin splints but a stress injury. Does that mean that by playing through it he is at risk of it turning into a fracture? Bit worrying. He needs to be in the England squad but he also really needs to put his feet up for the summer.

I dont think he will play in the next friendly. he will bring back the Man City, Chelsea and Man u players but it means so much to Grealish that it will take a lot for him not to take part. 

• Like 1

Â