The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

I agree RE Odegaard, but I don't think Arsenal would have the funds to buy Jack either. Same goes for Liverpool or Spurs.

Agreed with this too. 

If Odegaard is going, I'd try to sign him. He is as close to Jack as you can get and he plays RW as well. So that gives us a lot more versatility because we can play him or jack cam and keep opponents guessing. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No shock deans just said what i said. He was never playing

He said what he said on Friday. There was a chance he would be playing, but ultimately they decided against it. I do wonder why, if it was that close to him making the starting line up,  why he isn't on the bench, but honestly don't really care.  It kept spurs guessing until an hour before kick off,  and that's all that really mattered.

He'll have been out for close to 2 months when he finally returns, this was a serious injury, like the rumours initially suggested. The whole will he won't he carry on before each game was purely to keep the opposition guessing.

• Like 1

All the people I see in the match thread saying that it’s not the end of the world as we are already on 40 points, do you really think finishing 15th in the prem is going make grealish want to stay? I’m certain he will be gone in the summer with how we are ending the season. We’re an awful side without him and that will be clear to him 

• Like 1

Interesting that Neville thinks it’s ok and ambitious of Kane to try and pursue trophies and success with Spurs and be loyal, but the moment anybody suggests that about Grealish  it’s instantly “he has to move on” 

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Interesting that Neville thinks it’s ok and ambitious of Kane to try and pursue trophies and success with Spurs and be loyal, but the moment anybody suggests that about Grealish  it’s instantly “he has to move on” 

Gary NEville is a failed manager and a prick, Sky built him up as a genius and he was proven to be a clown

Wouldnt take his opinions serious

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Gary NEville is a failed manager and a prick, Sky built him up as a genius and he was proven to be a clown

Wouldnt take his opinions serious

Almost Every pundit says this though, It’s fine for Saka to be at Arsenal and like wise Kane at Spurs but not Grealish at Villa

Grealish almost singlehandedly kept us up last season. Just add an improved defence and a half decent striker with movement and he singlehandedly drives you into Europa league challengers. Hes so good its ridiculous. 

It's really a mental thing now isn't it?

Of course opposition get a big boost but I think too many of our players just accept the game will be too tough without him and so while we're competitive at 0-0 we go into our shells as soon as we go 1 down.

We need him back but I really hope there's some sort of credible plan if he decides to move on within next two years as the warning signs are there now. We miss him for just 5-6 games and can't win and can barely score.

Only defence is I watched Man. United today and they were clueless going forward without Fernandes so all teams have one player they find incredibly tough to replace. We just needed some better players either side of him who can step up when he's not playing.

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Merson's comments were spot on. We would 100 % be in a relegation battle without him.

Only biased Villa fans would disagree.

yet still beat your boy Bielsa. Leeds be ashamed of that

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's really a mental thing now isn't it?

Of course opposition get a big boost but I think too many of our players just accept the game will be too tough without him and so while we're competitive at 0-0 we go into our shells as soon as we go 1 down.

We need him back but I really hope there's some sort of credible plan if he decides to move on within next two years as the warning signs are there now. We miss him for just 5-6 games and can't win and can barely score.

Only defence is I watched Man. United today and they were clueless going forward without Fernandes so all teams have one player they find incredibly tough to replace. We just needed some better players either side of him who can step up when he's not playing.

Yep, every team has 1 or 2 who elevate the others and are clearly missed when they are not playing, even the top teams

The difference is that for other teams in the top half those key players are elevating players who are all at least Premier League standard on their own

Jack is elevating more than 1 Championship standard players

• Like 2

Â