The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Do people think doing it the hard way by playing in the Championship for a few years is what has made him the player he is today?  Would he have done the hard yards he clearly has in the gym if he had got the big money move to Spurs when he was barely out of his teens?  Obviously he would have developed naturally because he is so gifted, I just think he is so good now because he didn't take the easier route.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I mean he's gotta start for England , right ? Surely....

The Athletic reported that Jack had a slight hamstring issue right up til kickoff. So I would be absolutely fine with a couple of 15-30 minute sub appearances. 

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Just about to post this myself. When will people learn? Getting compared to Zidane, Pirlo, Henry, Messi, Iniesta and a world beater. All these games and still doesn't get the credit. 

He is still so underrated and I don't even know why! 

In Denmark , nobody seems to rate him either. Honestly some people have no idea what football is about. I honestly believe that England will win something if they pick Grealish. But even Southgate don't think he is that good. 

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Do people think doing it the hard way by playing in the Championship for a few years is what has made him the player he is today?  Would he have done the hard yards he clearly has in the gym if he had got the big money move to Spurs when he was barely out of his teens?  Obviously he would have developed naturally because he is so gifted, I just think he is so good now because he didn't take the easier route.  

No he was quality before that. Just watch the fa cup semi where he destroyed Liverpool. He was miles ahead of Coutinho in that game. IMO

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

No he was quality before that. Just watch the fa cup semi where he destroyed Liverpool. He was miles ahead of Coutinho in that game. IMO

It amazes me that people keep saying 'he never proved himself in the premier league' before relegation when he quite clearly did, and this was the most standout moment of that period 

no stats to back this up but another positive from the new look Villa is that Jack seemed to get kicked a lot less last night. Probably due to the fact that he didnt have to hold on to the ball so much as there was always a pass on, and that there were other dangerous players on the pitch so he didnt get targeted so much. can only be a good thing

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

no stats to back this up but another positive from the new look Villa is that Jack seemed to get kicked a lot less last night. Probably due to the fact that he didnt have to hold on to the ball so much as there was always a pass on, and that there were other dangerous players on the pitch so he didnt get targeted so much. can only be a good thing

Yeah I noticed that too, he had more space and there were only a handful of fouls against him.

Southgate is such a dull plonker and doesn't understand that to beat the top sides you have to control possession against them.  England, as set up currently, are flat track bullies - they have no problem brushing away the minnows (Iceland excluded!!), which is why we are always so comfortable in qualifying, but really come unstuck when we play against quality. 

I would love to see Jack and Maddison together - they are mates and would be like Ross and Jack were last night (but I think Maddison is a better footballer than Ross) and we would boss the game.  

If he can't see how much better Jack is than any other English midfielder - both in ball retention and creativity - then he just doesn't understand football.

We've all got to enjoy our football for the next 7 or 8 years because it could look pretty dull after Jack leaves/retires having had our expectations changed by him.  

1 hour ago, Danishlad said:

In Denmark , nobody seems to rate him either. Honestly some people have no idea what football is about. I honestly believe that England will win something if they pick Grealish. But even Southgate don't think he is that good. 

Is that just a lazy assumption though based on him not playing for one of the the top 4/5 clubs?  How many people in Denmark will honestly watch Villa week in week out?

I bet a lot will change their minds this season when we are flying and he's playing for England regularly.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Denaldinho said:

I hope so but its clearly obvious southgate as a problem with jack - He is clearly most gifted midfielder in that England squad.

If he doesn’t get a start imagine the twitter outrage,  not sure if sancho is available either after breaching covid 19 guidelines 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Didn't Kane get 4 assists and a goal against Saints a couple of weeks ago?

Just about Liverpool. I think 13 players have ever managed 5 goal contributions in one game 3 this season with son, Kane and grealish

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Just about Liverpool. I think 13 players have ever managed 5 goal contributions in one game 3 this season with son, Kane and grealish

The OS was saying he was the first ever too.

Still, Jack already has almost half his goal contributions from last season and he was already brilliant then.

Â