• USA
    • Algeria
    • Slovenia

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferfuxsake.

the text says: "Some of you hve missed the description of Joe Cole's goal - hit refresh and it should be there in its glory".

So I did - and lost the video feed completely, thus missing the third goal.

England v USA to be refereed by 'shameless bastard'

:lol:

The referee chosen to oversee England's first World Cup game against the USA was suspended by his national federation, reported to FIFA and branded a 'scoundrel'.

Carlos Simon, the Brazilian official, was suspended last season by his national federation after a number of perceived errors, which led to the president of Palmeiras describing him as "a crook, a scoundrel and a shameless bastard."

Luiz Gonzago Belluzzo said: "He must be in someone's pocket. If I met him in the street, I would slap him. What he did was unbelievable and he was helping Fluminense. He should be driven out of football."

The errors were considered so serious that he was banned for the final month of the domestic season

In addition, Flamengo wrote to FIFA in 2009 demanding Simon be withdrawn from consideration for the World Cup, after he sent off striker Diego Tardelli for diving, when he appeared to be fouled.

Flamengo were denied a place in the Copa Libertadores by the subsequent defeat, and were so incensed they sent a DVD of the game to FIFA.

They told FIFA: "The video evidence collected and hereby submitted - attesting the unambiguously inconsistent, unfair and inequitable technical performance of Mr Simon - provides the Fifa referees' committee with a factual account to illustrate the risks of retaining (Simon) in the list of referees for the 2010 World Cup. Flamengo has done this for the sake of good order and for the good of the game."

Simon refereed at the 2002 and 2006 World Cups, and took charge of England's opening group game against Sweden in the former.

So there's an unpredictable ball and an unpredictable referee to look forward to :lol:

Looks like Milner could be out for the first game after missing training :(

He sat out training because he had a temperature..

Well I guess we've discovered his one weakness.. heat.

I want one of the Boffins to work out what the chance % of England winning it are.

I reckon about 5%

I'd put money on us not winning it. We are shit. Rooney is our only good player.

Id put England in the same level category as Uruguay, Chile, Slovakia, Cezh Republic..the 3rd tier of world football...Our moment passed in 1990, 1998 and 2006, seems to be 8 year cycles where we have our best talent. The rest of that time we waste the tournament playing aging stars who used to be good, but arent pulling their weight - im looking at you Gerrard, Lampard, Heskey, Rio, Terry..

Looks like Milner could be out for the first game after missing training :(

He sat out training because he had a temperature..

Well I guess we've discovered his one weakness.. heat.

Oh is that it? haha

Radio made it out to be massive...

Could you imagine Heskey with a World Cup winners medal :shock:

It just aint going to happen is it.

why not?

stephane guivarche got one for France in 98, and he was pants.