bickster

Who will top the group?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will top the group?

• England
    • USA
    • Algeria
    • Slovenia

I don't want us to have a big win, comfortable, controlled but I want it to be a challange and I want us to be tested because I don't think we will be in our other two group games. I don't want us to thrash the US side and for everyone to get carried away, put the boys under more pressure and then us not play a decent side again to the Quarter Final as I think I know what would happen.

Or you could end up with 4 points from the group and go out.

Yea, it's not going to happen. You keep wishing though.

Why so insecure?

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really see much insecurity there.

It's hardly being arrogant to say that England will qualify comfortably. They could easily go out straight afterwards but of course they are going to qualify from the group.

i'd actually take a draw from the USA game.

Slovenia will be no pushovers either, but by that stage we should be into our stride.

It is just very important not to lose that first game.

We should win it, but foregone conclusion it is not.

It's hardly being arrogant to say that England will qualify comfortably.

I'd say that was quite an arrogant attitude, yes.

It isn't Jon.

explain why.

there is a world of difference between "will" and "should", and therein lies the arrogance.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see the USA match being difficult. England have looked crap since qualifying. I know friendlies are often misleading but the USA beat Spain and almost matched Brazil in a tournament in South Africa last summer.

Some of the England squad are already complaining about the altitude. I still expect us to top the group and a slow start isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It isn't Jon.

explain why.

there is a world of difference between "will" and "should", and therein lies the arrogance.

I don't think I would be being 'arrogant' to say that Spain will qualify from their group, that Italy will qualify from their group and that the Netherlands will qualify from their group.

Just as I don't think it's arrogant to say that England will qualify from their group.

It isn't Jon.

explain why.

If you'd rather sit on the fence by saying we should qualify, then fair enough. I'd say it was pretty obvious we should qualify.

We will qualify from that group.

I can totally see someone on the US getting sent off for an innocuous challenge; and the calls in general going in favor of England; much like it was for the US against Italy in '06. The team that is supposed to lose rarely gets the benefit of the doubt; just like Villa against United.

It also seems that in the World Cup, referees dish out yellows and reds far more readily than in regular club football.

It isn't Jon.

explain why.

If you'd rather sit on the fence by saying we should qualify, then fair enough.

Thanks.

I will do just that. :lol:

I don't think I would be being 'arrogant' to say that Spain will qualify from their group, that Italy will qualify from their group and that the Netherlands will qualify from their group.

Just as I don't think it's arrogant to say that England will qualify from their group.

Fair enough. I think it smacks of arrogance though.

IMO there is no will about it. What happens if one of them don't?

Should. Feck me, if they all WILL, i'd be off down the bookies right now to put my life savings on it. :lol:

Will = arrogance IMO.

Should = belief with humility.

Just confident.

I'm confident too. But i'm not presumptious.

BBC said Heskey was closest player to Ferdinand but Rio did himself turning badly and nowt to do with Heskey as there was no contact whatsoever

I've just seen this on the OS from Heskey..

"What happened was I tried to turn the ball around the corner and fell backwards on to him."

Milner has a virus.

This can't be right, surely? Milner can never get ill.

(Until he signs for City, at which point he will become a limp-wristed pussy judas bastard).

Milner has a virus.

This can't be right, surely? Milner can never get ill.

An alien species has decided that James Milner was the obvious and outstanding candidate to host them on this planet. They will be making contact presently.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see the USA match being difficult. England have looked crap since qualifying.

I think that you will probably find this is because England are crap.

Their qualification from the group stages will only prolong the hype (and the agony) before they are sent packing.

Then we can enjoy the rest of the tournament.