1. 1. Who will top the group?

• England
    • USA
    • Algeria
    • Slovenia

Could you imagine Heskey with a World Cup winners medal :shock:

It just aint going to happen is it.

why not?

stephane guivarche got one for France in 98, and he was pants.

Not to mention that Blues muppet Dugarry who has both a World Cup and Euros winners medal...

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unsurprisingly the sun slated warnock (5) and said milner (6) wont be starting due to cole, and didnt mention the great pass / run / cross

also maybe clutching at straws but hammered heskey without mentioning the lay off and then peel away removing the CB and freeing up the space for coles goal or the good pass for cole to fire wide

unsurprisingly the sun slated warnock (5) and said milner (6) wont be starting due to cole, and didnt mention the great pass / run / cross

also maybe clutching at straws but hammered heskey without mentioning the lay off and then peel away removing the CB and freeing up the space for coles goal or the good pass for cole to fire wide

We looked a million times better in the second half than the first half whether it be down to the Villa boys or not.

To be fair I haven't heard anyone compliment Heskey on his performance yesterday. Everyone's said he's pretty crap.

I'm not as hard on him as a lot of people, and I know people seem to like playin gwith Emile.

But I still find it astonishing that he's in our world cup squad.

I think Heskey deserves to be there and that people are being very harsh on him. Whilst I think he is useless for us, I think he offers a lot to England.

Now it seems that people only see the bad things he does for England because they don't want to like him. I think he played reasonably well yesterday, and did just as much (if not more) than Crouch. He should be given credit, instead of constantly being ripped to shreds by the shitty English press.

Seriously does my nut in. You can clearly see how well he works with Rooney when they play together. Those two seem to have an understanding, which clearly only certain people can see. Whilst others remain oblivious...

I think Heskey deserves to be there and that people are being very harsh on him. Whilst I think he is useless for us, I think he offers a lot to England.

Now it seems that people only see the bad things he does for England because they don't want to like him. I think he played reasonably well yesterday, and did just as much (if not more) than Crouch. He should be given credit, instead of constantly being ripped to shreds by the shitty English press.

Seriously does my nut in. You can clearly see how well he works with Rooney when they play together. Those two seem to have an understanding, which clearly only certain people can see. Whilst others remain oblivious...

I agree. If he could maintain good form for a season, he'd be a big asset to Villa but unfortunately for can't. He has his bad games for England but generally he's solid for England and helps the team immensely.

I think Heskey needs an intelligent strike partner. Guys like Rooney and Owen can play alongside him because they can read everything he's going to do and work off it well. Gabby just doesn't have a footballing brain, so he won't work with Heskey well. If anyone, Delfouneso is about the best striker to compliment him in the Villa side I reckon.

from that youtube clip, emile had some decent contributions.

I do actually expect him to start alongside Shrek on saturday

I think Heskey needs an intelligent strike partner. Guys like Rooney and Owen can play alongside him because they can read everything he's going to do and work off it well. Gabby just doesn't have a footballing brain, so he won't work with Heskey well. If anyone, Delfouneso is about the best striker to compliment him in the Villa side I reckon.

agree with Kurt and brigga.

he works so well with shrek, which is why he will start on saturday IMO.

To be fair I haven't heard anyone compliment Heskey on his performance yesterday. Everyone's said he's pretty crap.

Don't agree. I'd rather have him starting rather than Defoe and maybe Crouch as well.

Looks like Milner could be out for the first game after missing training :(

There goes my vision of the gang of useless pundits on ESPN on ABC agreeing that the only England player who showed up in the USA's 3-0 win was Milner :( :( :(

Looks like Milner could be out for the first game after missing training :(

There goes my vision of the gang of useless pundits on ESPN on ABC agreeing that the only England player who showed up in the USA's 3-0 win was Milner :( :( :(

he only had a slight temperature Lev.

Talk is that he will be back training today or tomorrow.

Don't think he'll start though anyway.

I think Joe Cool will start on one side, and Lennon or SWP on the other.

I'd like to be wrong though.

In todays Times, Cascarino has predicted all of the final group standings.

For Group C, he has:

England 7pts

USA 4pts

Slovenia 2pts

Algeria 2pts

This must mean he sees us beating the US first game, beating algeria and then drawing with Slovenia?

USA beating Slovenia and drawing with Algeria?

Slovenia drawing with us and Algeria

Algeria drawing against USA and Slovenia.

could happen I guess.

I don't want us to have a big win, comfortable, controlled but I want it to be a challange and I want us to be tested because I don't think we will be in our other two group games. I don't want us to thrash the US side and for everyone to get carried away, put the boys under more pressure and then us not play a decent side again to the Quarter Final as I think I know what would happen.

I don't want us to have a big win, comfortable, controlled but I want it to be a challange and I want us to be tested because I don't think we will be in our other two group games. I don't want us to thrash the US side and for everyone to get carried away, put the boys under more pressure and then us not play a decent side again to the Quarter Final as I think I know what would happen.

Or you could end up with 4 points from the group and go out.

Or you could end up with 4 points from the group and go out.

Yea, it's not going to happen. You keep wishing though.