Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I 'grabbed it' from the internet :) You're right, it is surprising no channel or subscription service have picked it up at all in the UK. Wiki says it was (is?) airing on RTE1 in Eire, but no where else it seems. King wrote a trilogy of Bill Hodges novels, Mr. Mercedes being the first, and it's already been renewed for a second season, so plenty of time of it to appear somewhere in the meantime.

• Like 1

got to try and finish mindhunter off before friday, cant see it happening, im half way through narcos season 3 too and prefer that if im honest

i think its ok, i think kemper is a large part of that and at some point im expecting him to fall away from the main story and i dont know if i like the 2 main characters enough for it to carry on being ok when that happens, not getting the urgency to watch 3/4 episodes in one hit 

stranger things id be surprised if i hadnt watched all of it by this time next week, then i'll have a small gap to fill before the punisher is out on the 17th

netflix is awesome tbf

Edited by villa4europe

5 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I actually thought it was quite clever to have Gamby become the good guy while Russell descends ever deeper into madness and hatred of everyone. Its really the only way the show could go after the first season without it just being more of the same. 

Yeah I get that but do think it’s missing a main focal point in the storyline - it’s a little too improvised. 

i’ll still watch it though :) 

Edited by theboyangel

3 hours ago, hogso said:

I 'grabbed it' from the internet :) You're right, it is surprising no channel or subscription service have picked it up at all in the UK. Wiki says it was (is?) airing on RTE1 in Eire, but no where else it seems. King wrote a trilogy of Bill Hodges novels, Mr. Mercedes being the first, and it's already been renewed for a second season, so plenty of time of it to appear somewhere in the meantime.

I wouldn't mind watching that.  The first two books are decent detective novels, then it goes a bit Stephen King in the third all of a sudden.  Hopefully it'll appear somewhere on TV.

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

got to try and finish mindhunter off before friday, cant see it happening, im half way through narcos season 3 too and prefer that if im honest

i think its ok, i think kemper is a large part of that and at some point im expecting him to fall away from the main story and i dont know if i like the 2 main characters enough for it to carry on being ok when that happens, not getting the urgency to watch 3/4 episodes in one hit 

stranger things id be surprised if i hadnt watched all of it by this time next week, then i'll have a small gap to fill before the punisher is out on the 17th

netflix is awesome tbf

I was the opposite, I watched all 10 episodes of Mindhunter in 4 days (that is some good going for me)

I thought it was brilliant, its nice to have something doesn't rely on explosions and gun fights and stuff like that, I do agree that Kemper is the best thing but I think a lot of that for me is because I had already read up on him and watched documentaries and the dude that they have got to play him is superb and he has absolutely nailed the character.

I'm a bit of a weirdo when it comes to serial killers so the whole thing sits well with me.

Can't wait for the next series.

I get the feeling that Stranger Things 2 will be done in 3 or 4 days as well

After watching series 1 and 2 of Line of Duty a while back I've eventually got round to watching 3+4. Very good tv. Yes the story is far fetched at times but it is still good. Looking forward to 5. Hopefully it's not a big screw up and Ted Hastings isn't the criminal master plan 

I thought Gunpowder was pretty good, and from a bit of background reading, essentially true to the historical record. Guy Fawkes was a pretty minor character, and it's slightly surprising that the story of Robert Catesby isn't more well known - particular given the dramatic Holbeche Hall shootout in which he died. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I thought Gunpowder was pretty good, and from a bit of background reading, essentially true to the historical record. Guy Fawkes was a pretty minor character, and it's slightly surprising that the story of Robert Catesby isn't more well known - particular given the dramatic Holbeche Hall shootout in which he died. 

Only watched the first episode so far which I thought was good. Looking forward to the next two episodes. Kit Harington being a relation to Catesby probably helps ensure a reasonable level of accuracy.

Agree about Catesby. Not an exact comparison but I always think of him and Fawkes as being like Bruce Reynolds and Ronnie Biggs in terms of the figure people should have heard of but instead a more minor figure is better remembered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Hope that wasn't too bad a spoiler...  

• Haha 1

The Duece, It's really amazing how they've managed to capture that whole New York, seventies vibe . Created by the same individuals who were behind the making of The Wire .

It's seedy ,but at the same time ,intriguing ,watching these disparate characters do their thing .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Hope that wasn't too bad a spoiler...  

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Probably because , " penny for the Robert " ,wouldn't of sounded quite right .;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â