Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished Blacklist season 4.

Spader excellent as Reddington as usual

Not sure how much further they can take the show though...

NBC-Blacklist-AboutImage-1920x1080-KO.jp

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

Finished Blacklist season 4.

Spader excellent as Reddington as usual

Not sure how much further they can take the show though...

NBC-Blacklist-AboutImage-1920x1080-KO.jp

I'm drawing a line under it. Good show, but there's only so many times you can watch one actors performance carry an entire programme, and 4 seasons is the limit :lol:

I'm impressed they have got so much mileage out of it, but lets be honest, it would have been canned after S2 if it wasn't for Spader being so good. Taking the absolute piss with that spin off though. 

• Like 1

Really enjoyed GLOW. Has a couple of really weird tone shift moments but otherwise it's good light fun. Also Marc Maron is great in it, even if he just plays himself in every episode.

• Like 1

Forgive me father, for I have sinned. 

I watched Blind Date. 

OK, it was never exactly highbrow viewing back in the Cilla era, but **** me, it's really taken the Channel 5 ethos (cheap chavvy shite of the lowest possible standard) to heart. 

We used to watch the old one with our kids, but this version has taken single entendres to a new low. 

Back to BBC4 for me! 

Finished Homeland. Really good series and somewhat of a return to form, but I don't  think I'll bother with the next one. Gone from groundbreaking to generic. 

Started Preacher. Have a feeling this a going to be my jam! 

I watched the first episode of season 2 of "Hospital" on BBC iPlayer at the weekend.

it's a documentary behind the scenes of St Mary's Hospital in London. Never seen it before, but was interested in this episode because it's filmed during the Westminster bridge terror attack.

They're having some sort of HR meeting at the start when everyone's phone starts going mental, and they find out they've been put on alert because of the attack. They're the closest hospital to Westminster so they end up getting a lot of the victims, including the attacker.

It's well worth a watch. Very interesting (and heartbreaking) stuff. A simpleton like myself doesn't realise how much organisation and reshuffling needs to happen behind the scenes when something like that happens.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I watched the first episode of season 2 of "Hospital" on BBC iPlayer at the weekend.

it's a documentary behind the scenes of St Mary's Hospital in London. Never seen it before, but was interested in this episode because it's filmed during the Westminster bridge terror attack.

They're having some sort of HR meeting at the start when everyone's phone starts going mental, and they find out they've been put on alert because of the attack. They're the closest hospital to Westminster so they end up getting a lot of the victims, including the attacker.

It's well worth a watch. Very interesting (and heartbreaking) stuff. A simpleton like myself doesn't realise how much organisation and reshuffling needs to happen behind the scenes when something like that happens.

Tried to watch a couple, switched it off both times. 

I struggle with being so angry my piss boils, whilst crying at the same time. But yay the 1% cap is going to save us from economic ruin :puke:

Edited by wazzap24

13 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Tried to watch a couple, switched it off both times. 

I struggle with being so angry my piss boils, whilst crying at the same time. But yay the 1% cap is going to save us from economic ruin :puke:

I can imagine the show is incredibly frustrating!

But I've only seen that one episode and that one isn't particularly frustrating at all. It's quite heartwarming to be honest as everything (spoiler alert), by and large, works out (for the people admitted to the hospital at least)

• Like 1

American Gods is a strange one isn't it. I really got into it to begin with and it was brilliant to watch and get my head around but the last few episodes before the finale were mind numbingly boring. I'll need to watch the last 3 or so episodes again in case I'm being a bit harsh on them but I actually fell asleep during episode 7 or 8 I think. 

Iron Fist is like a crappier less interesting version of Arrow to me, its ok but Loras Tyrrell is so poorly cast as Danny and his fight scenes are awful, very slow and sloppy. I'm expecting DD to carry the defenders series then. 

Got Flash s1 and Fortitude s1 to watch once I'm done with IF.

Half way through s2 of BCS now as well, its such a different beast to BB but its so so good. Mike is one of my all time favourite characters of any show in history. 

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can imagine the show is incredibly frustrating!

But I've only seen that one episode and that one isn't particularly frustrating at all. It's quite heartwarming to be honest as everything (spoiler alert), by and large, works out (for the people admitted to the hospital at least)

I couldn't make it through the heartbreak to the happy ending! :(

Just now, Ingram85 said:

American Gods is a strange one isn't it. I really got into it to begin with and it was brilliant to watch and get my head around but the last few episodes before the finale were mind numbingly boring. I'll need to watch the last 3 or so episodes again in case I'm being a bit harsh on them but I actually fell asleep during episode 7 or 8 I think. 

Iron Fist is like a crappier less interesting version of Arrow to me, its ok but Loras Tyrrell is so poorly cast as Danny and his fight scenes are awful, very slow and sloppy. I'm expecting DD to carry the defenders series then. 

Got Flash s1 and Fortitude s1 to watch once I'm done with IF.

Half way through s2 of BCS now as well, its such a different beast to BB but its so so good. Mike is one of my all time favourite characters of any show in history. 

I didn't find AG boring, but I can see why it might have turned a few away. They are really taking their time and doing a great job of bringing the book to life. TV adaptations often skip the character development in favour of of a faster moving plot, I'm quite glad they haven't with this one. Stick with it, it's a great story :thumb:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I didn't find AG boring, but I can see why it might have turned a few away. They are really taking their time and doing a great job of bringing the book to life. TV adaptations often skip the character development in favour of of a faster moving plot, I'm quite glad they haven't with this one. Stick with it, it's a great story :thumb:

I will and I will deffo watch the last few eps again as maybe I was burned out after binge watching it perhaps? It is very well done I agree and its an amazing visual treat but I felt it slowed down too much compared to the first half of the series to the point where I fell asleep. I absolutely love a slow build but there's glacial and then there's stationary. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

I've started to watch The Ranch on Netflix and against all the odds I actually quite like it.

Ashton Kutcher is a failed high school hero quarterback who has returned back to his family ranch cap in hand to make amends. Dad is a real hardass who refuses to show any weakness and his brother is a sarcastic know it all taunting him along the way(Danny Masterson also of That 70s Show). Its very clichéd but enjoyable all the same.

Edited by AVFCDAN

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

half way through orange is the new black season 5, they've changed it with the pacing and not for the better, for the first time i think its ran out of steam

Awww man, I'm only on season 3 and I was thinking the same! 

Not sure I can convince the other half to give it up :(

Â