Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Don't get me wrong, I watch the Walking Dead but only if I've got nothing better to do. I don't think it's crap by any stretch but I genuinely don't understand the love it gets. The story repeats itself season on season and it's nothing special dialogue-wise. At times it's just plain boring. Haven't watched any of the new season yet so hoping it picks up. But I think I've got a pretty good idea of what will happen. Again.

• Like 2

Haven't looked through the whole thread, but I cannot believe no one has mentioned "SAS who dares wins" on Monday nights. Personally I think its one of the best programs on TV at the moment. No acting for the camera bollocks, just hardcore training to a bunch of no marks, from a full respect SAS team. Excellent, last one next week.

• Like 2

Haven't looked through the whole thread, but I cannot believe no one has mentioned "SAS who dares wins" on Monday nights. Personally I think its one of the best programs on TV at the moment. No acting for the camera bollocks, just hardcore training to a bunch of no marks, from a full respect SAS team. Excellent, last one next week.

It's great. I missed last night's so I'll need to keep an eye out for a repeat!

Worth watching just for the future stunt double being broken!

Did you watch the one channel 4 did about marines last year? Equally as good!

Don't get me wrong, I watch the Walking Dead but only if I've got nothing better to do. I don't think it's crap by any stretch but I genuinely don't understand the love it gets. The story repeats itself season on season and it's nothing special dialogue-wise. At times it's just plain boring. Haven't watched any of the new season yet so hoping it picks up. But I think I've got a pretty good idea of what will happen. Again.

I watched the whole of the first season.

I thought it was awful. Uninteresting story, terrible overacting, unbelievably cheesy script.

The reaction it gets these days has almost tempted me to go back and try it again. Almost.

Mr. Robot is worth watching. First show I've ever seen with convincing hacks. Great suspense with some Fight Club influences, solid acting and a great soundtrack. Going to start watching Fargo season 1 now, anyone seen it?

I watched Mr Robot from start to finish recently and thought the same re Fight Club influences from the word go, I even checked online to see if it was the same director. Well worth a watch with some good twists and turns.

I thought it was awful. Uninteresting story, terrible overacting, unbelievably cheesy script.

The reaction it gets these days has almost tempted me to go back and try it again. Almost.

I agree with all that actually. I was a little lenient in my assessment! I'm not quite sure why I've carried on watching it. And will probably watch the new series at some point! It follows the same pattern every season: group hits the road, someone dies, meet another group of survivors, someone dies, it all goes tits up, someone dies. 

I agree with all that actually. I was a little lenient in my assessment! I'm not quite sure why I've carried on watching it. And will probably watch the new series at some point! It follows the same pattern every season: group hits the road, someone dies, meet another group of survivors, someone dies, it all goes tits up, someone dies. 

I don't really see an issue with it. It's a formula that's worked to bring in new characters, also to kill some off. It's one of the few shows that's seemingly had the balls to kill of major characters which I like. I've enjoyed it a lot and very pleased they have a spin off show so there's little waiting between seasons.

Fair play to you mate. The predictable, repetitive nature of it annoys me but I know lots of people who love it, so maybe I'm missing something! And it can't be that bad as I still watch it! Although the whole bit last season where the guy with the mullet says that he's got the cure and everyone just BELIEVES HIM, literally no questions asked, is maybe the most stupid bit of supposedly good TV I've ever seen.

Edited by JB
  • Like 1

Fair play to you mate. The predictable, repetitive nature of it annoys me but I know lots of people who love it, so maybe I'm missing something! And it can't be that bad as I still watch it! Although the whole bit last season where the guy with the mullet says that he's got the cure and everyone just BELIEVES HIM, literally no questions asked, is maybe the most stupid bit of supposedly good TV I've ever seen.

It's supposed to be the end of the world and they're desperate.

He's a terrible character though.

Â