Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I'm near the end of Band of Brothers and I'm enjoying playing the '**** hell, it's HIM' game. So many actors who have been in pretty much every TV programme and film in the last 10-15 years. The second to last episode has brought a tear to my eye as well, it's probably a bit gauche to rely on an American TV programme to bring home the horror of the war but it does a really good job.

I did exactly the same when I bought the box set last year, amazing the amount of faces you recognise in it.

There's a ton of British actors that play American soldiers too. It's like they saw Damian Lewis and how great he was and then decided that British actors played American soldiers better than American actors did ;)

Special mentions go to Matthew Leitch, who was in Renford Rejects. How the hell did he get a part on that show?!

Simon Pegg got a cameo early on and a young Tom Hardy was in a couple of the later episodes too, I believe.

The British actors did a great job playing G.I.s (so my American friends tell me), whereas Tom Hanks as a British officer was a joke that REALLY didn't work.

There's a ton of British actors that play American soldiers too. It's like they saw Damian Lewis and how great he was and then decided that British actors played American soldiers better than American actors did ;)

Special mentions go to Matthew Leitch, who was in Renford Rejects. How the hell did he get a part on that show?!

Simon Pegg got a cameo early on and a young Tom Hardy was in a couple of the later episodes too, I believe.

I assume as it was filmed over here it was just cheaper to hire local actors. James McAvoy got the top of his head shot off inside an episode and I think Stephen Graham was in it briefly as well. Dexter Fletcher from Lock Stock has had a big part in it, plus loads of others.

Latest Better Call Saul with a special appearance (which is also brilliant and hilarious) from Trevor from GTA V! Awesome.

P.S I still **** love Mike.

In more video game/Better Call Saul crossover news, I just had a huge "of course!" moment when I realised: 

y07xrycl.jpg  Xjj5SaLl.jpg

Oh wow, that one didn't click! That's awesome.

Just watched Thursdays fortitude and cant help but feel a little disappointed with how the Pettigrew storyline played out, was expecting more of twist

As for the infection, I can see the final episode ending leaving the potential for a second series, with the town finding out whats happening and also thinking the infection is now confined to one room in the hospital, all the while Ronnie is lying inside that cupboard after being attacked by the infected jason

Edited by Jimzk5

Looks like season 3 of Twin Peaks won't be happening, at least not on Showtime.

It's just Lynch being Lynch.

Money will be found, show will go on.

Showtime know it will be a ratings/advertising bonanza.

Looks like season 3 of Twin Peaks won't be happening, at least not on Showtime.

It's just Lynch being Lynch.

Money will be found, show will go on.

Showtime know it will be a ratings/advertising bonanza.

I hope so, I was looking forward to it. I read somewhere that usually Showtime spend 2-3 million dollars an episode on their shows, so surely that's plenty. If it doesn't happen maybe he'll just do it as a film.

Latest Better Call Saul with a special appearance (which is also brilliant and hilarious) from Trevor from GTA V! Awesome.

P.S I still **** love Mike.

In more video game/Better Call Saul crossover news, I just had a huge "of course!" moment when I realised: 

y07xrycl.jpg  Xjj5SaLl.jpg

I'll spoiler tag this but it doesn't really give anything away, but in other possible video game nods

I thought the guy Mike protects in the latest BCS episode, the one who was selling the pills, bore more than a passing resemblance to Lester from GTAV too

The latest episode of the Flash features Mark 'Luke Skywalker' Hammill as one of the baddies. There is a nice little Star Wars ref in there too.

I'm finally on to SOA and really enjoying it for what it is. The one thing I can't get past is the Irish arc in seasons 2 and 3. The accents are beyond awful and the depiction of life in Belfast is laughably cliched. 

Still good fun though.

Anybody watched the recent HBO show on Scientology?  Very interesting and they make some serious claims within it.  I would imagine Mr Cruise will have his lawyers looking at it pretty seriously.

Yeah it was interesting. Shocking that a brainwashing cult dedicated to profit can get tax exempt status. Although you could say the same for Christianity and most other religions...

Edited by villa89

I'm finally on to SOA and really enjoying it for what it is. The one thing I can't get past is the Irish arc in seasons 2 and 3. The accents are beyond awful and the depiction of life in Belfast is laughably cliched. 

Still good fun though.

Season two was probably the weakest

Last episode of 'Better Call Saul' was pretty poor, some good episodes in the series and Bob Odenkirk does a good job as the character, but overall I think they should have just left it alone and made a completely new show.

Â