Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

So weak. The show relies so heavily on us knowing what happens to each of the characters to hold our interest that they really don't have to do anything in terms of plot or direction. Nothing happens, and when something threatens to happen, it's a hodge podge of random prick waving, let's make pubescent boys clap their hands, charmless attempts at cool scenes. Even that scene with Trevor was so terribly hammy. Breaking Bad with a lobotomy. Breaking Bad's comic relief is on an infinite loop. Breaking Bad deleted scenes in slow motion. The Practice drags a single episode out for a season. 

Joey

season 3 of Vikings for me is best yet, halfway through it and its enjoyable

as I cant do spoilers I wont say that much but interesting to see one of the characters do his best Vince Mcmahon impression in last episode I watched

• Like 2

Agreed. Who cares if you know what happens with the characters? It's still fun seeing what they went through to get there.

And peaks and troughs people. You can't have every episode be high octane, it just doesn't work like that. It was nice to see Slippin' Jimmy again.

I can't wait for the next episode. That's good enough for me

Edit: just realised that I haven't seen the latest one :D

Bank holiday has screwed my days up!

Edited by Stevo985

Re: BCS finale

Weakest episode of the series so far by a mile in my opinion. Too many scenes stretched out way too long, like the bingo one. Normally I don't mind them as I've said before, but it was just like nothing was happening. I get that it's proving the backstory to Saul but it got boring. I hated the scenes in Chicago as well. Disappointing finale.

Edited by abdomlahor

Silicon Valley has the potential to be absolutely brilliant this season. I liked most of the first season, and I loved the last couple of episodes of season 1, if they can keep it going like the last couple of episodes of S1 then it will be great.

I really liked the BCS finale, I really like getting to know the back history of Saul and Mike, it's fantastic. 

If I had never watched Breaking Bad it wouldn't seem very good, but i have, and I loved it, so there's no point in watching BCS like I haven't.

Edited by PieFacE

Better Call Saul is written in such a way that it assumes its audience has seen Breaking Bad. If Vince Gilligan had thought of BCS first, it would probably be a very different story, but even if it was pretty much the same story with all the same plot points and beats that it has now, it'd still be written very differently.

I don't really understand that viewpoint of those who criticise it because they know what's to come for most of the main characters and for the story. Firstly, there's plenty of unknown elements still left in there, and secondly, the journey is more important than the destination.

I loved it and I can't wait for season two. High quality written, acted and produced TV. More please.

• Like 4

They've revealed the full Daredevil costume today.

It's not the classic Daredevil look. Heavily inspired by the Secret War mini story look by the looks of it. Certainly could have been better...

Re: BCS finale

Weakest episode of the series so far by a mile in my opinion. Too many scenes stretched out way too long, like the bingo one. Normally I don't mind them as I've said before, but it was just like nothing was happening. I get that it's proving the backstory to Saul but it got boring. I hated the scenes in Chicago as well. Disappointing finale.

Just goes to show. I thought it was brilliant, particularly the Mike "take my gun off me" scene.

Â