Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

thats what i like, self contained, watch at your own pace

stuff like lost and prison break, shows that use cheap tricks to get you to watch next weeks episode, and even worse get everyone talking about it, everywhere, really doesn't do it for me, think i lasted 3 episodes of lost before giving up, cliffhangers that turn out to either be a huge anti climix or not even be explained at all, infuriates me

Both shows are character rather than plot driven. By the final season of The Sopranos, all the gangster stuff is in the background, and the show completely focuses on Tony. I actually can't remember any of the plot at the end, but I remember his bizarre 'I get it' when watching the sunrise over Vegas. What was that all about, eh?

stuff like lost and prison break, shows that use cheap tricks to get you to watch next weeks episode, and even worse get everyone talking about it, everywhere, really doesn't do it for me, think i lasted 3 episodes of lost before giving up, cliffhangers that turn out to either be a huge anti climix or not even be explained at all, infuriates me

Prison Break had a good first season, I thought, but after that it was garbage and much like you describe and I can appreciate what you say about Lost as well, but you can't really put something like Sopranos up against those shows.

Sopranos is better compared to The Wire, Carnivale or Oz. Dramas that focus more on dialogue and development of characters as they go through the storyline. I'd even add Battlestar Galactica to that. To me it's much more a drama then a Sci FI. The Shield too. I just felt that Sopranos and Mad Men didn't have a storyline at all, no reason to return, except for some quality scenes and great dialogue.

My favorite type of shows are the slow-paced ones.. I don't know, I just didn't get it. There was a crime mini series this year from Ireland/UK called The Fall that I really liked, with Agent Scully as the main.

Both shows are character rather than plot driven. By the final season of The Sopranos, all the gangster stuff is in the background, and the show completely focuses on Tony. I actually can't remember any of the plot at the end, but I remember his bizarre 'I get it' when watching the sunrise over Vegas. What was that all about, eh?

I thought he had some sort of peyote insight.
  • Like 1

I remember watching the first episode of a thing called Carnival a while back it seemed like it could be a good show, I just thought of it because I remember the title sequence being quite good. I might try it again.

Might have even been one of HBO's, could be a good tip.

Any boobs in it?

From IMDb: 

Nudity: The story features, among others, a family of strippers. Heavy frontal and rear nudity throughout the series. Both male and female genitals are shown on occasion. Once scene in particular shows a woman stage dancing, who stands on her hands and spreads her legs completely open, showing her pubic region, labia, and clitoris.

I understand the The Sopranos critique. I blasted my way through the first 4 seasons last summer then couldn't quite bring myself to sit through another 20 odd episodes of more of the same.

It's an opera I know and I like that about it. But it felt too long, too weighty. Like one long, never ending death march.

Best viewed an episode at a time I think.

Prison Break had a good first season, I thought, but after that it was garbage and much like you describe and I can appreciate what you say about Lost as well, but you can't really put something like Sopranos up against those shows.

Sopranos is better compared to The Wire, Carnivale or Oz. Dramas that focus more on dialogue and development of characters as they go through the storyline. I'd even add Battlestar Galactica to that. To me it's much more a drama then a Sci FI. The Shield too. I just felt that Sopranos and Mad Men didn't have a storyline at all, no reason to return, except for some quality scenes and great dialogue.

My favorite type of shows are the slow-paced ones.. I don't know, I just didn't get it. There was a crime mini series this year from Ireland/UK called The Fall that I really liked, with Agent Scully as the main.

i thought the 1st series of prison break actually had a breaking point when i was almost like they knew they had a good thing going and shit all over the viewer

the part where they were going to escape through the pipe but when they went to do it it turned out some emergency construction works had blocked it all up again

didnt even bother with the 2nd series

and i went to trade in my sopranos boxset a few weeks back because i watched it at the time but never bothered again despite owning it, but thought id give it another blast, its amazing how much detail i remember it all in despite having only watched it once many years a go

I think it's been like 6 years since I saw it, but I don't really remember much of what it was about. I remember the titty bar, and the pervy football coach, and the little fat guy that had to skip town cos he was seen in a gay bar. Then he got a job 9 to 5 job and tried to avoid looking at his watch to make the time go faster. That's really about it. Maybe a re-watch is needed.

I thought he had some sort of peyote insight.

"So after all is said and done, after all the complainin' and the cryin' and all the ****' bullshit... is this all there is?"

i thought the 1st series of prison break actually had a breaking point when i was almost like they knew they had a good thing going and shit all over the viewer

the part where they were going to escape through the pipe but when they went to do it it turned out some emergency construction works had blocked it all up again

didnt even bother with the 2nd series

and i went to trade in my sopranos boxset a few weeks back because i watched it at the time but never bothered again despite owning it, but thought id give it another blast, its amazing how much detail i remember it all in despite having only watched it once many years a go

Again agree on The Sopranos. It bores it's way into your soul.

I remember watching the first episode of a thing called Carnival a while back it seemed like it could be a good show, I just thought of it because I remember the title sequence being quite good. I might try it again.

Might have even been one of HBO's, could be a good tip.

Any boobs in it?

From IMDb: 

Nudity: The story features, among others, a family of strippers. Heavy frontal and rear nudity throughout the series. Both male and female genitals are shown on occasion. Once scene in particular shows a woman stage dancing, who stands on her hands and spreads her legs completely open, showing her pubic region, labia, and clitoris.

Wowsers I ask that question speculatively about everything but I think we definitely have a winner!

Â