Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I can't figure out what makes it so compelling, it's got every cliché in the scriptwriters book, but damn it's good TV.

I absolutely love Bosch and this is exactly what I'm thinking every time I watch it.

It's about as original as Steve Bruce eating a kebab but it's terrific.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Sex Education is superb

I just watched episode 1,and that was **** shite. 

What are all of these British kids doing in America? And were those people in the first sex scene supposed to be under 16?That's a bit yewtree. 

It's a bit like an American writing committee got their hands on a rough outline of the inbetweeners. 

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I just watched episode 1,and that was **** shite. 

What are all of these British kids doing in America? And were those people in the first sex scene supposed to be under 16?That's a bit yewtree. 

It's a bit like an American writing committee got their hands on a rough outline of the inbetweeners. 

The setting is very strange. I mentioned it up thread. 

But the show is really good. I loved it. 

True Detective S3 so far is excellent!

Not quite as good as S1 but really really good.

It's at the level where you get a bit frustrated that you are not allowed to binge it and that's always a sign of quality.

Ever fancied watching a zombie outbreak series set in feudal Korea during the Joeson era?

Then you are in luck because Netflix series Kingdom is exactly this.

Based on a web-comic translated to The Kingdom of the Gods.

So far it's OK if nothing spectacular but it already has a S2 ordered.

Kinda enjoy it, it's a fun different take on the Zombie genre.

Kingdom series.jpg

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Another vote for Sex Education. I’m about as far as one could be from the target demographic but it is really rather excellent. I only watched it because one of my nephews best mates is in it. It’s Not perfect by any measure but still a very good show. 

• Like 1

Just caught up on Blacklist. Watched the whole S5 this weekend (That's what happens when the OH doesn't feel well) and now we're about E5 or 6 in S6. Really like this show. I like the actors. James Spader does Reddington really well. It's quite far from his role in Stargate (The movie).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Just caught up on Blacklist. Watched the whole S5 this weekend (That's what happens when the OH doesn't feel well) and now we're about E5 or 6 in S6. Really like this show. I like the actors. James Spader does Reddington really well. It's quite far from his role in Stargate (The movie).

To be fair, it's about 20 years from it. :)

• Like 1

Final Space

Something for those of us who are getting frustrated waiting for S4 of Rick and Morty.

It's kinda a mix of Futurama, Rick and Morty, and a bunch of other "adult" cartoons.

Actually not bad at all.

• Like 1

Just started The Marvellous Mrs Maisel on Prime. It's engaging enough so far - premise housewife in the 50s decides to take up stand up after husband leaves her.  Don't recognise any of the actors in it, but it's something different, a fast paced dialogue show this one. 

For a random background crime show I've also had a look at The Mentalist, first couple of episodes have been ok, but not enthralled with it so far. the USP for the kooky person here is that the person helping a detective, is basically just very observant. 

I just started watching Line of Duty.

I didn't know it existed till i watched bodyguard and imdb'd the director to see if he made anything else as i really enjoyed it.

This TV show is so damn good what a gem.

Binge watched first three series, like the way the first one is filmed in town and can spot so many landmarks like the survivors tv show with Max Beesley.

Plus Lennie James is in it awesome.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I just started watching Line of Duty.

I didn't know it existed till i watched bodyguard and imdb'd the director to see if he made anything else as i really enjoyed it.

This TV show is so damn good what a gem.

Binge watched first three series, like the way the first one is filmed in town and can spot so many landmarks like the survivors tv show with Max Beesley.

Plus Lennie James is in it awesome.

Much better than the bodyguard IMO 

Â