Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Like most American comedies with 5 or more seasons.

Starts off okay.. then gets better in seasons 2 & 3.. bit of a slip at season 4 & 5, then some really abstract episodes.. then some soppy goodbye type episodes to wrap up the last 7 years of your miserable life. 

Then you just sit there thinking "why don't they just make another 90 seasons? - that'd do me.. now what do I watch?.. Pass me the bleach"

"no! don't drink the bleach, your insides are already VERY clean"

"I know, but I am sad about finishing Parks and Rec for the 2nd time, just give me to me"

"No!"

"Yes! I have nothing to live for anymore, let me just end it"

"No!!! Give me that back!"

*Gurgle*

"Don.. Don't do it!!  OMG.. wake up!  *Slap* Wake UP!!!"

"Hello, My husband has drank some bleach and is dead, is there some new recovery position to put people in?"

"Oh! haha! That's changed since I last did some St. Johns training in 1993"

"Ok, well that's great, thanks for all your help".

*gurgle*

"Oh hi love, would you like to watch Community now?  I found it on Netflix whilst you were dead"

*Yawn* - "Yes please, that sounds good.  Can we have sausage, chips and beans for dinner? I like that"

"Naughty!! But OK.. But it's only because you drank the bleach and died!"

(all together) "HAHAHAHA-sigh".

FIN.

• Like 3

Seasons 4 and 5 were weaker because they got rid of the creator Dan Harmon after he fell out with Chevy Chase. 

Season 6 was not too bad in hindsight . 

The episode where Chang plays Mr Miyagi in the Karate kid play is hilarious. 

Edited by Brumerican

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Like most American comedies with 5 or more seasons.

Starts off okay.. then gets better in seasons 2 & 3.. bit of a slip at season 4 & 5, then some really abstract episodes.. then some soppy goodbye type episodes to wrap up the last 7 years of your miserable life. 

Then you just sit there thinking "why don't they just make another 90 seasons? - that'd do me.. now what do I watch?.. Pass me the bleach"

"no! don't drink the bleach, your insides are already VERY clean"

"I know, but I am sad about finishing Parks and Rec for the 2nd time, just give me to me"

"No!"

"Yes! I have nothing to live for anymore, let me just end it"

"No!!! Give me that back!"

*Gurgle*

"Don.. Don't do it!!  OMG.. wake up!  *Slap* Wake UP!!!"

"Hello, My husband has drank some bleach and is dead, is there some new recovery position to put people in?"

"Oh! haha! That's changed since I last did some St. Johns training in 1993"

"Ok, well that's great, thanks for all your help".

*gurgle*

"Oh hi love, would you like to watch Community now?  I found it on Netflix whilst you were dead"

*Yawn* - "Yes please, that sounds good.  Can we have sausage, chips and beans for dinner? I like that"

"Naughty!! But OK.. But it's only because you drank the bleach and died!"

(all together) "HAHAHAHA-sigh".

FIN.

Still working on your sitcom scripts?

• Like 1

I put Community in with How I Met Your Mother and Fraser as american 'sitcoms' that I sat through, watched the entire series, thought it was vaguely ok, but then realised that I never laughed throughout the entire thing.

It was kind of entertaining,but I just didn't think it was funny, at all.

Community got shit as soon as they started changing characters. 

I thought it was one of the best comedies I've ever watched for the first 3 or 4 seasons. Then it got very boring very quickly.

watched the first episode of big little lies

it was alright i suppose, didnt really go anywhere or do anything, the murder keeps the intrigue going but if the main story arc stays as rich people are horrible unhappy deep down words removed but look at how amazing their houses are then i wont last long

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm genuinely baffled that anyone could describe it as a great sitcom, but different strokes, I guess!

I loved it. As said above, it went off the boil a bit in the later seasons but it was very funny before that. I didn't realise Dan Harmon was part of it, which explains why I liked it so much

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm genuinely baffled that anyone could describe it as a great sitcom, but different strokes, I guess!

That's how I feel about formulaic , predictable guff like HIMYM and Frasier.  Anything with canned laughter is usually not for me (IT Crowd aside).

The first 3 seasons of Community were intelligent , well written and genuinely inventive. Great cast too. 

CraveTV community gun bad victory

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I loved it. As said above, it went off the boil a bit in the later seasons but it was very funny before that. I didn't realise Dan Harmon was part of it, which explains why I liked it so much

Dan Harmon created the whole thing . It's his baby ! It's no wonder it became a different show when they offed him .

If you want to blame someone for the demise of Community it's Chevy Chase. 

Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

I've started watching it as everyone says its really good. 

I assume its meant to be a sitcom, but i've only laughed about 5 times in 6 episodes.

Am i missing the humour, or is it not meant to be funny?

Â