Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished watching all five seasons of Friday Night Lights yesterday. It's easily one of the best series I've watched, but I just felt a bit cheated by the ending and there were a few issues which I was dying to know more about.

Like if Smash actually made it to the NFL. I was constantly waiting for news on how he was doing at Texas A&M but all we got was a snippet of him on the telly once or twice playing for the Aggies.

Game of Thrones related - I started reading the first book. In spoiler tags, not really spoilers as such, just differences I've been surprised by - only about 50 pages in. Thought I'd tag it anyways, just I'm case any one wants to go in to the books completely fresh.

The ages! I'm having a tough time readjusting the image I already have in my mind for the characters to the ages they are in the book. Ned, 35! Bran, 7! Robb & Jon, 14! Dany, 13! And most surprising of all, Sansa, 11! They haven't said how old 'Ary is yet. But the other, younger brother, he's 3! Mannnnn. Getting on with it ok though, it'll take me an age to read all of them

Enjoyed the latest episode, but missed some characters that weren't in it. Boooo. Sure they'll be in next week.

Game of Thrones related - I started reading the first book. In spoiler tags, not really spoilers as such, just differences I've been surprised by - only about 50 pages in. Thought I'd tag it anyways, just I'm case any one wants to go in to the books completely fresh.

The ages! I'm having a tough time readjusting the image I already have in my mind for the characters to the ages they are in the book. Ned, 35! Bran, 7! Robb & Jon, 14! Dany, 13! And most surprising of all, Sansa, 11! They haven't said how old 'Ary is yet. But the other, younger brother, he's 3! Mannnnn. Getting on with it ok though, it'll take me an age to read all of them

Enjoyed the latest episode, but missed some characters that weren't in it. Boooo. Sure they'll be in next week.

Yeah...

They've aged up the characters in the show for legal reasons I would guess. And also to make it more acceptable to a wider television audience. I believe Bran is 7 and Rickon (who you mentioned) is 3.

Friday Night Lights has gone a bit "meh" for me lately (just coming up to the season 4 finale)

I still love it and I'll watch it to the end, but someone on here was saying season 4 was incredible. It's been alright. Some of it annoys me.

"oh yeah by the way, there's a whole "east side" ghetto that's like something out of The Wire that no-one's mentioned before"

Edit: also, the finale is next week and I think I know what's going to happen, and I called it after the first episode of this season.

Edited by Stevo985

Just watched the first episode of Banshee.

WOW. Loving it. I hope there is more mot, mot, mot action and that ep1 was not just a one-off to get me to watch.

Wait till you meet the Albino

Friday Night Lights has gone a bit "meh" for me lately (just coming up to the season 4 finale)

I still love it and I'll watch it to the end, but someone on here was saying season 4 was incredible. It's been alright. Some of it annoys me.

Think that was me. Just thought the East Side of Dillon just added an extra element to the story, was getting a bit flat over on the West Side. Though as you said, it's a bit stupid how they just dropped the Lions in there. They should've built up some sort of rivalry with them over the first three seasons to make the transition from one side to the other a bit more believable. 

Edited by Milfner

Think that was me. Just thought the East Side of Dillon just added an extra element to the story, was getting a bit flat over on the West Side. Though as you said, it's a bit stupid how they just dropped the Lions in there. They should've built up some sort of rivalry with them over the first three seasons to make the transition from one side to the other a bit more believable. 

I'll spoiler this seeing as some people might be watching earlier seasons, but it's not really spoilers

It does add a new element, and it does work. it's just weird how it's popped up out of nowhere. Suddenly Dillon seems like some sort of large, crime ridden district of a city like New York.

Whereas previously it was portrayed as a small, almost idyllic, town.

I'm not really complaining. i still love the show and I'm hanging on every episode. It's just a bit, meh. I find myself longing for people like Lyla, Smash, Street etc to be back in it.

Vince is a good character though. I like the actor too, heavily influenced by my love for The Wire

Edited by Stevo985

im another who enjoyed banshee

was slightly disappointed with the end of the following, had been a good episode (the stabathon the week before had been excellent) but the very very end was a bit shit IMO

im sure id read somewhere that hannibal had been struggling stateside and might not get renewed which is a shame cos id really been looking forward to it

GoT was excellent again, the scene in the baths was superb, not all tits and violence...

Game of thrones may be the most consistently good series I've ever watched. Another cracking episode this week.

Add for reading the books, I have up and bought them before Christmas, started reading and just found the will to carry on peetered out. I dunt think they're particularly well written and come across as a bit of slog, even if the story is engaging. I've ground to a halt about 250 pages in.

was slightly disappointed with the end of the following, had been a good episode (the stabathon the week before had been excellent) but the very very end was a bit shit IMO

I agree. That last episode was basically using the Marquez ending from A Hundred Years of Solitude (aka the best ending a book ever had). But the very very end was pants, as you say. Its obvious that

Joe isn't really dead

Game of thrones may be the most consistently good series I've ever watched. Another cracking episode this week.

Add for reading the books, I have up and bought them before Christmas, started reading and just found the will to carry on peetered out. I dunt think they're particularly well written and come across as a bit of slog, even if the story is engaging. I've ground to a halt about 250 pages in.

That's a shame. The books are very good (IMO of course). If you decide to push on, the story does pick up pace as you progress through the series.

I thought the first book took a little while to get going but soon enough I couldn't put it down. (Obviously since you've watched the show, it may not be as tense/interesting for you.)

They're more complex than the show though, with more characters introduced so it can be a little tricky to keep track of everyone.

On the television front, I've just watched the final of Spartacus. Such an underrated show. I don't think it gets the love it deserves.

Edited by Ghost

I'm working my way through 'Suits'

Anyone else watched it?

I enjoy it, first season was better than the second but that may have been due to the fact it was also much longer.

Just got up to date with Game of Thrones.  Episode 4 has got to be one of the best pieces of television programming I have seen in a long time.  The last season in particular was brilliantly done,  It was pure badass.

• Like 2

history of america -

getting very interesting, now got plenty of stuff that i was never taught at school so last nights episode on the bomb was very good

used meeting minutes from the japanese war cabinet showed that they werent bothered by the bomb, said something along the lines of 100 planes dropping a thousand bombs or one plane dropping one... what i didnt know and what they suggested was russia had invaded the north, which terrified the japanese

they also suggested that the yanks had insisted on scrapping imperialism and made alot of demands pre bomb that they didnt post bomb, basically siggested that the bomb had nothing to do with japan and the war but plenty to do with playing billy big bollocks with the russians

all becoming interesting as the episodes come together

Â