Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I just realised why we haven't seen Barry Bannan in the squad for a while now.

He went North of the Wall with the Night's Watch.

Looks like the White Walkers got to him though. Con will be heartbroken.

• Like 1

Am also enjoying The Bletchley Circle, now that PBS is showing it over here. It's amusing how, now that the BBC is making money from BBC America, they tend to stretch (or much worse cut) advert-free shows to fit in adverts, while PBS has turned to coproductions with ITV and other UK commercial broadcasters, resulting in needing to fill the slots with behind-the-scenes features.

Worse, though, is that, what with the BBC/Discovery Channel alliance, most/all of Nova's science documentaries that are UK coproductions aren't with Horizon but with Channel Four.

aren't with Horizon but with Channel Four.

Is that not a good thing? Horizon have become little more than a sensationalist entity that start out with the ending and summary that they want and then go about fitting the story and its evidence into that as best they can.

Last nights GOT was grand.

I know this series is a little slow burning compared to one and two, but you can feel the tension for sure. Loved the scene with the hound and old one eyed willie and the one with Jaime and big bird.

Top stuff.

Anyone else looking forward to Greggs: The TV Show? I really can't wait to see the inner workings of my favourite high street bakery.

I'd have watched it, possibly.

But then I saw the double Pun in the title.

"More Than Meats the Pie"

**** off

Anyone catch that brilliant TV show called Monday Night Football on Sky Sports 1 tonight? Was absolutely phenomenal.

Game of Thrones is too predictable... predictably amazing that is. Loved the fight scene with Berric and The Hound, great way to open the episode. This episode pretty much confirmed to me that my favourite scene from the books is going to happen in a few episodes time. Can't wait.

Edited by Ginko

Anyone catch that brilliant TV show called Monday Night Football on Sky Sports 1 tonight? Was absolutely phenomenal.

Game of Thrones is too predictable... predictably amazing that is. Loved the fight scene with Berric and The Hound, great way to open the episode. This episode pretty much confirmed to me that my favourite scene from the books is going to happen in a few episodes time. Can't wait.

Berric, that's his name... 

I'm not too sure where this is going, but I've genuinely warmed to The Hound now. He's another who has flirted with the line between good and evil and has now tipped over the right side for me. Of course that could all change. I cheered when he buried his sword in Berric, though I also knew he was a major enough character not to die when it happened. It's a shame Arya doesn't know what he tried to do for her sister as I could see them two making interesting allies. Though I did notice her pause when reeling off her names as she does. No book spoilers please!

I'm not too sure where this is going, but I've genuinely warmed to The Hound now. He's another who has flirted with the line between good and evil and has now tipped over the right side for me. Of course that could all change. I cheered when he buried his sword in Berric, though I also knew he was a major enough character not to die when it happened. It's a shame Arya doesn't know what he tried to do for her sister as I could see them two making interesting allies. Though I did notice her pause when reeling off her names as she does. No book spoilers please!

Aye, Berric Dondarrion.

This is not really a spoiler as such, but as per your comment regarding characters not being killed off because they're too major, I'd refer you to a Mr Sean Bean aka Lord Eddard Stark. George R R Martin has no problem with killing off main characters, so I'd get that thought out of your head

;)

Edited by Ginko

Aye, Berric Dondarrion.

This is not really a spoiler as such, but as per your comment regarding characters not being killed off because they're too major, I'd refer you to a Mr Sean Bean aka Lord Eddard Stark. George R R Martin has no problem with killing off main characters, so I'd get that thought out of your head

;)

Yeah I get that, I admire the shows ruthlessness. However, Lord Stark DID get near on a full season (AKA an entire book). This Dondarrion fella obviously has some ways to go yet

Â