Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 19/11/2023 at 08:12, sne said:

S2 (whole season) of Kin is out. Completely forgot about that series but think I remember it being pretty good. Good actors as well.

If its the Irish show, then I wouldnt be surprised if a Stevie G character might turn up at some stage since its loosely based on his mates :P 

• Like 1

On 20/11/2023 at 11:35, mjmooney said:

Without giving away any spoilers, the very last scene rather disappointed me. 

We're currently on Boat Story (BBC). Good cast (I'll watch anything with Tchéky Karyo in it), and an amusing stab at doing a British Tarantino. 

Just finished it

kinda agree

Spoiler

doesn’t appear there will be a series 2 , so that last scene served no real purpose 

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

If its the Irish show, then I wouldnt be surprised if a Stevie G character might turn up at some stage since its loosely based on his mates :P 

Yeah, they've changed the names to Kinnsella instead of Kinnahan or whatever.

Finished Daisy Jones and the Six and Swarm (both on Amazon)

Daisy Jones was what I expected story wise but elevated by some absolutely terrific performances (Sam Claflin is so bloody versatile, definitely one of our best actors at the moment). Nice easy watch and they landed the ending which is always a bonus.

Swarm was just fantastic - That Donald Glover is a a talented bugger isn't he? satirical, jet black drama at it's best and Dominique Fishback's central performance is what makes it all work.

Also nearly finished Normal People (on iPlayer) - Very good indeed, can see why Paul Mescal is being spoken about so highly.

Started Snowfall. First couple of episodes were promising and I like the dual storylines and the characters.

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Netflix has released the real life game based on Squid Games :trollface: today called Squid Game: The Challenge. Will start that later.

Would it be a bit wrong that I'll be half disappointed when they don't really gun everyone down during Red Light, Green Light?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Would it be a bit wrong that I'll be half disappointed when they don't really gun everyone down during Red Light, Green Light?

Mentioned it to my daughter and she was grinning when she said, do they kill them?

• Like 1

Watched first episode of Squid Game: The Challenge on Netflix and its surprisingly good. I do like those sort of shows though, shows like the 100. Its well worth a watch if you like challenge/elimination shows, as well as it being very faithful to Squid Game. I can see me getting through the remaining episodes very quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

It is on Amazon Prime

Unfortunately, they're dripfeeding one episode per week, rather than doing a series dump, so no binge watching (unless you want to wait ten weeks).  :( 

Â