Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I’ve enjoyed it , but they need to end it after the new season , there’s only so many kids you can teach to become world karate champion in 3 months 

But I can’t  wait for the new season 

I think it actually is going to be the last one

On 03/11/2023 at 14:13, Demitri_C said:

Finally started kobra kai. Its good but yes very cheesy

Me too. It's absolute rubbish nonsense and it doesn't take itself very seriously or hang around too long to, it's paced really well and it's brilliant.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rfccwu719fmgbqanp6

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Me too. It's absolute rubbish nonsense and it doesn't take itself very seriously or hang around too long to, it's paced really well and it's brilliant.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rfccwu719fmgbqanp6

Yeah its good. Ove done two seasons in just over a week

Im just starting on season 3 which was left in a giid cliff hanger end of season 2

Finished S3 of Upload last night - overall very good although the main two characters have become a little dull.

However, really love the show - some of the additional characters, particularly AI Guy and Luke have been developed really well. 

Hopefully S4 won't take too long to get done. 

Will be starting Scott Pilgrim with the kids this week.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Finished S3 of Upload last night - overall very good although the main two characters have become a little dull.

However, really love the show - some of the additional characters, particularly AI Guy and Luke have been developed really well. 

Hopefully S4 won't take too long to get done. 

Will be starting Scott Pilgrim with the kids this week.

You've flown through that. Glad to hear you enjoyed it as I like the show.

Do you see what I mean about the slight tone shift and not just being a comedy though?

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

You've flown through that. Glad to hear you enjoyed it as I like the show.

Do you see what I mean about the slight tone shift and not just being a comedy though?

well, they’re only 25 mins per episode and 8 episodes a season so we got through 3 episodes a night.

Yes, a noticeable tonal shift but still had many great laughs.

Spoiler

The concept on the whole is very good indeed and then to tweak it to include political capitalism was clever too.

I was hoping we’d see what happened to the AI guy downloaded and let loose on the real world! 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

well, they’re only 25 mins per episode and 8 episodes a season so we got through 3 episodes a night.

Yes, a noticeable tonal shift but still had many great laughs.

Hide contents

The concept on the whole is very good indeed and then to tweak it to include political capitalism was clever too.

I was hoping we’d see what happened to the AI guy downloaded and let loose on the real world! 

We get about 60 minutes a night to watch TV with my wife. Have to get the lad down, then cook and eat dinner, then watch TV (if there's not work/diy/school stuff to do) before my wife goes to bed at 9pm. 

Takes us ages to watch anything. 

Definitely some good laughs in there.

• Like 1

Started on Bodies yesterday 

it started out quite intriguing , there was nothing really to give you any clue as to why the event was happening across the 4 time lines , obviously there had to be a reason , but what was it ?

I'm up to episode 4 now  and its starting to reveal itself  .. and its sorta fallen into plots that have been done before territory  (Time Cop etc)  ..its still good and I'm sure there will be some twists and turns along the way ..but for now it seems kinda predicable where it will all end  ...but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised 

43 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Started on Bodies yesterday 

it started out quite intriguing , there was nothing really to give you any clue as to why the event was happening across the 4 time lines , obviously there had to be a reason , but what was it ?

I'm up to episode 4 now  and its starting to reveal itself  .. and its sorta fallen into plots that have been done before territory  (Time Cop etc)  ..its still good and I'm sure there will be some twists and turns along the way ..but for now it seems kinda predicable where it will all end  ...but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised 

Without giving away any spoilers, the very last scene rather disappointed me. 

We're currently on Boat Story (BBC). Good cast (I'll watch anything with Tchéky Karyo in it), and an amusing stab at doing a British Tarantino. 

43 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We're currently on Boat Story (BBC). Good cast (I'll watch anything with Tchéky Karyo in it), and an amusing stab at doing a British Tarantino. 

Just read up on this - will give it a go in a few weeks time. 

On 19/11/2023 at 09:12, sne said:

S2 (whole season) of Kin is out. Completely forgot about that series but think I remember it being pretty good. Good actors as well.

S2 was excellent.

Â