Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Professional scouser, and a face I want to punch. 

And he's in everybloodything.

He lives in Ibstock, in Leicestershire. Which I find a bit random! 

Whilst watching a re - run of Euphoria someone just told me that the young kid who played the character Fez commited suicide after struggling to deal with the death of his father, only 25yrs of age. I'm absolutely gobsmacked at that news and the fact I didn't hear about it sooner. RIP Angus.

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Maybe it's like me and my irrational dislike of Damien Lewis (I can't watch anything with him in).

Oh, I get that - and I like Lewis. It is, as you say, irrational. 

On the final season of Top Boy and I have to say its been utterly superb.

There hasn't been a single story strand that hasn't been well written and executed, and every single person in the ensemble cast has been on their A-Game. 

With only 3 episodes left im just hoping they land the ending...(no spoilers you lot 😉).

I binged my way through Bleak House on iplayer, I thought it was excellent, with a fine cast and some really good acting. Charles Dance as brilliant as ever with his portrayal of the quietly menacing lawyer, Mr Tulkinghorn. For me, that's the best Dickens adaptation I have watched. 

Tried to watch the reboot of Quantum Leap. Got to episode nine or ten and given up.

Way too melodramatic, too much box ticking regarding the characters, and generally a bit meh.

Moved on to Knightfall instead which looks a lot more promising.

12 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Tried to watch the reboot of Quantum Leap. Got to episode nine or ten and given up.

Way too melodramatic, too much box ticking regarding the characters, and generally a bit meh.

Moved on to Knightfall instead which looks a lot more promising.

I must admit I gave up around episode 5 of Quantum Leap. It lacked the humour of the original, I wouldn't say box ticking, but more a case of shoe horning things in when they didnt need to.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I must admit I gave up around episode 5 of Quantum Leap. It lacked the humour of the original, I wouldn't say box ticking, but more a case of shoe horning things in when they didnt need to.

Indeed, and I really didn’t care about the characters ( although Al’s daughter had terrific bewbs)😜

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I binged my way through Bleak House on iplayer, I thought it was excellent, with a fine cast and some really good acting. Charles Dance as brilliant as ever with his portrayal of the quietly menacing lawyer, Mr Tulkinghorn. For me, that's the best Dickens adaptation I have watched. 

At the end of the day, it's still **** ing Dickens, so that's a flat 'no' from me. 

And here I was thinking it was Jeremy Strong that was the method actor.

SUCCESSION'S ALAN RUCK CRASHES TRUCK INTO L.A. PIZZA SHOP

Alan Ruck might want to consider delivery next time he's got a hankering for pizza ... ramming his truck into the side of a pie joint in a 4-way crash in Hollywood. Law enforcement sources say the crash occurred around 9 PM Tuesday at Raffalo's Pizza at the intersection of La Brea Avenue and Hollywood Boulevard. Video shows the actor's Rivian with about half of the cab lodged into the side of the brick building.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/11/01/rivian-truck-crash-alan-ruck-succession-pizza-shop/

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

Nearly finished season 4 of Snowfall. Good lord this show is an undiscovered classic. Have many people seen it on here? Its bloody brilliant.

Its on Iplayer & Disney+. The explosion of crack cocaine in 1980's Los Angeles and the CIA funding Contra rebels.

It is very good but actually dips a bit in the last 2 series.

On 30/10/2023 at 00:44, markavfc40 said:

Just finished the 2nd series of Time (started on BBC1 tonight but all 3 episodes on iPlayer). It is brilliant and one of the best mini series I have seen in a long time.

I didnt even know they were doing a 2nd series of that. The first was excellent. Cheers

• Like 1

On 26/10/2023 at 13:03, sheepyvillian said:

I'm back for season 2 of Bosch :Legacy. Always enjoy this fascinating character. 

I like all the Bosch programmes but I wish it was a bit more edgy. I mean, the naughty language is there - well the F word anyway - but that's as far as it goes. No nookie, violence or stuff you'd see plenty of like in the sopranos.....the rookie is similar in its tame nature despite the storylines implying otherwise. 

Â