Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Happy to say the first 3 eps of s2 of The Wheel of Time is a massive improvement on s1. Granted that's not much of a feat since s1 was a dumpster fire.

They are still playing fast and loose with the source material and there are so many changes to the story, lore, characters and world building that it's hard to keep track. But it looks much better, the story actually works now and is interesting-ish. And many of the changes they've made kinda makes sense due to time limitations. It's a 13 books long series so adapting it for telly in it's pure form would take 20 years at least and that was never happening even without Covid and Hollywood strikes.

Still tons of changes I dislike and don't see the need for thou.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Really enjoying the second series of Winning Time, the LA Lakers story - it's deliberately over the top, but some of the performances are really excellent.

I enjoyed the first season and looking forward to getting my teeth into season 2.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The Sixth Commandment is not an easy at all. The disturbing minds of some individuals. 

Only a matter of time before somebody decides to make a Lucy Letby dramatisation. 

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Only a matter of time before somebody decides to make a Lucy Letby dramatisation. 

What creates such minds? I remember when I was in HMP Garth and one of the prisoners was a contract Killer. He was really quiet and had a talent- if you will- for drawing people's relatives from photographs, but I could feel his malevolence beneath the apparel of Mr Nice Guy. No way was I entertaining him, I would have felt somewhat violated. To be devoid of all compunction, it boggles the mind, it really does.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Remember the one about Beverly Allet? Janine from Eastenders played her. To be fair, she didn't do a bad job with her portrayal, but it's such a difficult subject to watch. 

18 hours ago, mjmooney said:

There's something quite similar already on Netflix called The Nurse, its Norwegian with subs and was pretty good.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

There's something quite similar already on Netflix called The Nurse, its Norwegian with subs and was pretty good.

Danish. Based on a true story. Was very interesting. Easy to say they should have known in retrospect but the nurse had a hard time convincing the doctors about her suspicions.

• Like 1

Disenchantment finally ended 

I really should have given up on it after a few episodes but it does have a few redeeming moments 

but thank Christ I don’t have to sit through a season 6 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Disenchantment finally ended 

I really should have given up on it after a few episodes but it does have a few redeeming moments 

but thank Christ I don’t have to sit through a season 6 

It's no Simpsons/ Futurama. But it's been okay.  Not watched the new season yet.  

Â